Q. Is there any way to reduce weight after pregnancy?

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran
Published on Mar 04, 2019

I am 26 years old and delivered my baby four months ago. I feel very stressed out nowadays. After my delivery, I started hating my post-pregnancy body. My baby is four months old and I have not lost even half kg. I am trying to lose my weight but nothing is working.

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor
#

Pregnancy and motherhood involve changes in both body and mind for a woman. Be proud of it. It is too early to think of weight loss, especially when you are feeding your baby. Give some time for your body to come back to normalcy.

A healthy, balanced diet and mild exercise are important to ensure the well being of both of you. Do not go for crash diet or strenuous exercise now as it can weaken your body. Enjoy your motherhood to its fullest. You can review with me for regular follow up.

How can I control my urge to eat?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to lose weight for about one year now. I used to weigh 75 kilograms. With proper diet and exercise, I was able to reduce my weight. Now, my weight is 65 kilograms. But I am unable to control my urge to eat. I am cheating on my diet every single day and it makes me frustrated....  Read Full >>

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have reached your normal BMI (body mass index). So after this, weight reduction will be a very slow process. According to WHO (world health organization), you are weighing right for your height. Coming to the eating problem, divide your meals into six small meals. E...  Read Full

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full >>

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Cervical length needs to be checked again at 24 weeks for further advice. In general, twin pregnancy has a tendency for preterm labor. Your focus right now should be on preventing preterm labor rather than normal delivery. For normal delivery to happen, you do not need t...  Read Full

Why am I not able to lose weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I eat healthy, I workout, but I am not able to lose weight. I am really worried about my health. What can I do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Prathap Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want you to understand how metabolism plays an important role in weight gain or weight reduction. An increased metabolism will lead to more energy burning which will help you to reduce weight. How to increase metabolism? As soon as you wake up, drink a glass of...  Read Full

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now