Q. Is there any way to reduce weight after pregnancy?

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

I am 26 years old and delivered my baby four months ago. I feel very stressed out nowadays. After my delivery, I started hating my post-pregnancy body. My baby is four months old and I have not lost even half kg. I am trying to lose my weight but nothing is working.

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor
#

Pregnancy and motherhood involve changes in both body and mind for a woman. Be proud of it. It is too early to think of weight loss, especially when you are feeding your baby. Give some time for your body to come back to normalcy.

A healthy, balanced diet and mild exercise are important to ensure the well being of both of you. Do not go for crash diet or strenuous exercise now as it can weaken your body. Enjoy your motherhood to its fullest. You can review with me for regular follow up.

|