Q. I hear whistling sounds if I stop taking Clomipramine? Please help.

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 11, 2021

I started taking Clofranil 25 mg at the sleeping time for having useless thoughts with disturbed sleep. After few years, I started hearing whistling sounds and so I started taking Seizunil 200 mg with Clofranil 25 mg and Alp 0.5 mg. Now it has been five years. I want to stop taking Clofranil 25 mg due to constipation. When I tried to stop it, I started to hear whistling sounds louder with shocks in my brain. It created a disturbing condition in me. Kindly suggest an alternative option.

#

If you want to stop your medication, then you need to taper off. Do not stop it abruptly. It gives you withdrawal symptoms. You should take tablet Clofranil 10 mg (Clomipramine) daily for another four weeks and then start taking it on alternate days for another four to six weeks with the same dose and then stop it. You can take tablet Clomipramine 25 mg instead of Clofranil 10 mg.

|