Q. How to get rid of white dots on the penile shaft?

Dr. Snehal Laul

I have small white dots below the skin of my penis shaft on one side. They do not itch. They are just unsightly. How do I get rid of them?

#

Do you scratch or rub the lesion excessively? Do you have a popping or pricking history? Is there any injury? Do you use any lubricant or harsh soap? Is there a history of atopy or allergies? Are you a diabetic? Attach a picture of the lesion for confirmation of diagnosis.

No scratching or popping, no pain or itching. I do not have any injuries. I stopped using lubricants about two weeks ago just in case it was causing the irritation. I have not used any harsh soaps, no history of atopy or allergies. And I am a nondiabetic.

#

Apply Fucidin cream twice daily in the morning and noon for seven days and Miconazole gel in the evening for seven days.

Use Hydrocortisone 1 percent gel or cream at night for seven days.

Use a mild cleanser like Episoft cleanser or No soap cleanser to wash genitals.

Please avoid the use of lubricant, as it may cause contact irritant dermatitis.

Maintain proper genital hygiene.

Avoid rough handling.

Do you do frequent masturbation?

Follow up after seven days.

Should I use all of these? Or just one of the three recommended? I do not do frequent masturbation. I only have sex but always with a condom.

#

Hydrocortisone cream will reduce inflammation, redness, and irritation. You can also take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at night for seven days (if itching or irritation persists). It is balanitis.

Cause of balanitis can be fungal infection, contact with the irritant chemical (irritant contact dermatitis), lubricant use, bacterial infection, uncontrolled sugar levels, injury, excess scratching and rubbing, any dermatological disorder like eczema, psoriasis, etc. So use all three creams for seven days.

Is there any similar episode in the past? Do you get recurrent balanitis? Do you have any chronic illness?

|