Q. There are gradually increasing light patches on the chin area. What would it be?

Dr. Dilip Meena
Published on Aug 14, 2019

I have light patches on my chin area that grew overtime gradually. I wish I could provide a picture so you could see. It started as a white patches, but it is light and reddish kind of.

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

Perioral hypopigmentation in your age group is most likely because of a condition known as Pityriasis alba which is seen commonly as light patches on the face. It is common in patients with dry skin, tendency to have more allergies like rhinitis, recurrent cold, etc. You need to apply a moisturizer regularly for this.

1. Cetaphil moisturizing cream apply twice a day.

I am sure it is not vitiligo. Other possibilities may be seborrheic dermatitis if with itching and scaling or simply post inflammatory hypopigmentation but not vitiligo.

| 

I have white patches in the throat and reddened soft palate. Is it oral cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having oral symptoms for the last six months or so. I also have been a heavy drinker for the past seven to eight years. I discontinued this in January of this year. Started in the fall of last year with allergy, cold symptoms and has continued to the present day even getti...  Read Full »

My baby has a white spot on his back. Is it vitiligo?

Query: Hi doctor, My 4 week old baby has a white spot on his back. Is it vitiligo?  Read Full »

I have white patches on the tongue. What medicines should I take?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having white patches on the tongue. They are round patches along with a lesion similar to canker sores. Normally, I get canker sores but this time this lesion seems to be little more enlarged. Is this a precancerous condition or if not then what meds should I take?  Read Full »