White Spots On Teeth

Why am I having white spots on gums?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a small white dot on my gums. It looks like a whitehead. I noticed it a couple of days ago. It is painless. It is just above my left canine. I do not know what it is. It is towards the top of the gum. I have attached the photo. Can you suggest what it could be? I am scared of the de...  Read Full »

Dr. Paras Angrish

Dentist, Pedodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like a minor aphthous ulcer, which gives no pain and subsides by itself. Please check if there is any pus discharge, pain in the tooth and any other area of the mouth also has this kind of spots. Aphthous ulcer often causes minimal symptoms or problems. Oral u...  Read Full »

What causes white spots to appear on teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have two small white spots on the lower portion of my front tooth. Can it be removed by¬†microabrasion? Is the procedure worth? Please guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Shwetha Hegde

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are several reasons for the white spots on your teeth. Usually, white spots appear when the mineral content in the outer part of the teeth (enamel) is less. White spots could also occur due to high fluoride level in the drinking water or nutritional deficiency du...  Read Full »

Why do I get white spots on teeth during cold weather?

Query: Hi doctor, I get white spots on my teeth periodically in cold weather climates. I am getting married in this climate and I do not want spots on my teeth on my wedding day. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanga Kesavan

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Congratulations on your wedding. Good to hear. Sounds like a fluorosis. It happens due to fluoride deposit on tooth. And it do not appear periodic. It will be there all your life time. Need a picture of your tooth for better diagnosis. If it is cosmetic issue you can...  Read Full »

How to make white spots on teeth less noticeable?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently started getting white spots on my two front teeth. What is it? How can I make it less noticeable?  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. White spots on the teeth might be due to: Plaque (tartar) accumulation on the teeth due to improper brushing. Decalcification of the outer enamel layer of the tooth called the enamel hypoplasia. Initial stages of tooth decay called incipient caries. Fluorosis. ...  Read Full »

My baby has white spots on her teeth. Is there anything to be done?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 11 months old and started having her upper teeth when she was 9 months old. And I noticed she has white spots along the gumline and some on the middle. I took a photo and showed it to a dentist here and she said its hypocalcified enamel. My question is, is it reversible? W...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The spots cannot be reversed. They form during fetal development inside the womb and first three months after birth. Any dietary deficiency for you or baby may cause or sometimes even genetic...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have a white spot where I got my wisdom tooth removed?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a little white spot in the area where my back wisdom tooth used to be. It covers where the socket was when I got it removed 4 years ago. I currently take Suboxone and chew Nicorette gum. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have mentioned it can be a canker sore. And if it is painful and irritating then visit the dentist once to show it properly. If there is nothing like this then I would suggest you apply any anti ulcerative gel, like Dologel or Dentogel (Choline salicylate) whi...  Read Full »

Are the white spots on my teeth an allergic reaction?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 13-year-old male. I tried this relatively cheap BleachBright StarBright Dual-Action whitening pen. After using it I noticed white spots forming all over my teeth. It was the weirdest thing. I have always had white spots on and off throughout my life, but after using this, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your symptoms, the white spots on the teeth are due to hypocalcified areas that are areas of poor mineralization. Bleaching makes them more pronounced and they can further stand out on the teeth. It is not an allergic reaction but this has happened due ...  Read Full »