Q. Why does my tongue remain white?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 04, 2020

My tongue remains white for about 1 to 1.5 years. It could be long, but not less than the duration I mentioned. My tongue gets hurt often. Please check the image; it was taken when it got hurt while eating. I am 21 years old. My weight is 55 kg and height is 5'10". I visited both allopathy and homeopathy doctors. Allopathy doctor told me that it is common and nothing to worry. Nowadays, I have stopped eating junk foods and oily foods. I used to have non-vegetarian food only once a week. Please help me.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

• Some people have more dead cells forming on the tongue than normal. It is nothing for which you should worry about.
  • Just use a tongue cleaner daily to wipe away dead cells. Do this daily and you will see some difference.
  • Some person's tongue has less blood supply, which causes whitish tongue and it is not a disease.
  • Sometimes, it will go away and you will get reddish pink tongue and some time you will have such a whitish appearance.
  • It is important that you do not stress too much, which increases the dead cell formation.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|