Whitening Toothpaste

Please suggest a toothpaste to make yellowish teeth white.

Query: Hello doctor, Which toothpowder or toothpaste do you people prefer for a yellowish teeth to make them white. I am using Patanjali toothpowder this time and I have done scaling also.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Using toothpowder is not good for teeth as toothpowder contains a higher amount of abrasives and will abrade your teeth. When teeth get more and more abraded it gets more yellower day by day due to loss of enamel and exposure of dentin, which is more yellowish than e...  Read Full »

Which toothpaste can be used to whiten teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to change my yellowish teeth to white. So which paste should I use?  Read Full »

Dr. Smitha Yalavarthy

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, see if the yellow shade is because of the calculus or your teeth shade is yellow. If it is plaque or calculus then you need to go to a dentist and get oral prophylaxis done. If the shade of your enamel is as such then do not bother much because there will be so m...  Read Full »

Can I use whitening toothpaste for the yellow stains in my teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow stains in my teeth. I feel very bad before others. This problem has been there since childhood. I have attached the pictures of my stained teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a permanent discoloration which cannot be removed by normal means like dental scaling. It needs a treatment called lamineering of the front 4 or 6 teeth as required. In...  Read Full »

Will using a charcoal toothpaste whiten yellow discolored teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I brush my teeth a minimum of twice, if not, once a day but my teeth have a yellow look to them. Is there anything I can use at home to help get them white. I have heard that charcoal tooth paste makes teeth white. Is this true or can you recommend something?  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I got your chief complaint and your concern is esthetics. Yes, there is kind of toothpaste containing carbon or charcoal which can remove stains. But there are variable opinions regarding their use. I suggest you if you are more concerned about esthetics use alternative...  Read Full »

How to improve my yellow teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, My teeth have become totally yellow. Even whitening toothpaste does not work. I tried to clean them myself but, failed. What products can I use or how can I clean it myself without visiting a dentist?  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint and seen the picture attached to it (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  It looks like a case of stains with calculus, which is known in layman's terms as tartar. This can be due to many reasons. For example, not maint...  Read Full »