Q. How will the nerve regenerate that got injured while undergoing wisdom tooth removal?

Dr. Krishna Swaroop Achanta

I had undergone surgery for wisdom tooth removal three weeks back. One of my wisdom teeth was horizontally placed and did not emerge in the oral cavity. There was also cyst formation. The problem is that there is still numbness in the lower lip and chin, and I am occasionally experiencing tingling sensations in the front teeth and lips.

Presently, I am taking the following medication for nerve regeneration, if damaged;

1. Capsule Renerve plus (Multivitamin) - daily morning.

2. Tablet Minerva (Miglitol) - at night.

I am worried. Kindly help me.

#

There is a possibility of nerve injury to the inferior alveolar nerve or the mental nerve of the lower jaw, and sensation loss is possible for upto three to six months. The most probable causes are; deep extraction, increased pressure during extraction, or extensive bone drilling.

I would recommend you to replace your medication with the following medicines;

1. Tablet Neurobion forte (Multivitamin) once daily. It will help to regenerate the damaged nerve.

2. Capsule SM Fibro (Multivitamin) once a day. It is a potent antioxidant.

You can take these medicines once daily after breakfast.

It will help if you start doing some oral physiotherapy on your jaws. The more you open and close your jaw, the more the masticatory muscles will remain flexible.

I would also recommend you eat lots of fresh fruits rich in vitamin C, E, and leafy greens, cauliflower, broccoli, vitamin K-rich foods that might help nerve regeneration.

If you have further doubts, feel free to contact us at icliniq.com.

Deep extraction
Increased pressure during extraction or extensive bone drilling for inferior alveolar nerve.

CBCT (Cone beam computed tomography) if needed.

Follow up on 50 hours for detailed assessment.

|