Q. I am not able to open mouth wide after wisdom tooth removal. Why?

Answered by Dr. Tooba Qazi and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Wisdom Tooth Extraction or Mouthwash? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I just got my wisdom teeth pulled out. All four of them. I cannot open my mouth all the way to even stick my toothbrush to brush my teeth. What should I do? I got them pulled a few days back and just been brushing the front and sides of my teeth and using a Qtip to wash the back teeth. Another concern I have is that my back teeth have white pus on the top of them. I believe it is the scab from the extraction, it is on my other teeth and I am worried should I try ripping them off. I do not want to hurt myself though or should I just leave it alone? Will it cause any problem like make bacteria grow? Should I try rinsing my mouth out with salt until I can properly brush my teeth?