Q. What treatment would you recommend for my impacted 38?

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 30, 2021

I was diagnosed to have mesioangular impacted 38. He recommends removal of that hidden wisdom tooth. He did cleaning and after that my pain has increased.  Initially, I had gum swelling, and it subsided in a few days. Now, I am having shooting pain. I have attached the scan of my prescription and x-ray.

#

I have seen the x-ray and prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• You have to get your 38 tooth extracted, and that is the only treatment. Do lukewarm saline mouth rinse for around three to four times a day.
  • Consult a dental surgeon and get it removed as early as possible. For pain, take pain medicine if required.
  • Start antibiotics just three days before getting your tooth extracted.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|