Wisdom Tooth Infection

Will pericoronitis in the left upper wisdom tooth is likely to cause Ludwig's syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I heard that Pericoronitis could cause Ludwig syndrome, which can interfere with breathing. I heard this happens when the lower wisdom tooth is infected. Can this still happen if the upper wisdom tooth is infected? My upper left wisdom tooth is infected. However, I am treating it wi...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding dental health. First of all, I would like to tell you that Ludwig's angina is not associated with the infection of the upper wisdom tooth. It is associated with infection or pericoronitis of lower partially erupted wisdom toot...  Read Full »

Why is there a pain in gums in the wisdom tooth area?

Query: Hello doctor, My gums near the area where the wisdom tooth should grow started feeling painful, but not much. Whenever I chew near that area, it would hurt. I thought of myself, it is probably because my wisdom tooth is coming out (as there was a sort of bulge where my wisdom tooth should come out)....  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like your wisdom tooth is on the way, but wisdom tooth does not erupt easily. They will take time and phases to erupt, so you will have to face this pain and swelling in some phases, maybe accompanied by fever even. Do salt water gargling. I would suggest t...  Read Full »

What is the cause of pain in the cheek following oral sex?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having pain in my mouth (cheeks) for the past two days. I am unable to open my mouth fully. The previous night I gave a long blowjob session (approximately 10-15 minutes) to my partner. Since then I am feeling too much pain. I am unable to eat anything. Please suggest some medicine...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be due to infection in the lower wisdom tooth area. This occurs when the lower third molar, wisdom tooth starts coming out. If there is less space for it, then the food starts accumulating beside it. Use warm salt water gargle three times a day for a week. ...  Read Full »

I have swelling, pus and pain around my wisdom tooth. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have swelling, pus, and swollen throats. It is hurting while opening and closing the jaw and hurts more during eating, and this is all around my wisdom tooth, and it is causing a lot of pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding dental health. The swelling and pain around the wisdom tooth are called pericoronitis, which is very common during the eruption of wisdom tooth and easily treatable by removal of the same tooth as there is no need for it during c...  Read Full »

My wisdom tooth is hurting with a flap covering the tooth. Should I get it removed?

Query: Hello doctor, My wisdom teeth is hurting. There is a big flap covering the tooth, and I think food is stuck in there. Should I get this one removed?  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is called pericoronitis. Food gets trapped under the gums. You need to send in pictures and x-ray (orthopantomogram) for a conclusive diagnosis. Two things can be done. 1. At home, you can use a syringe with clean boiled or distilled water or with Betadine (dilut...  Read Full »

I have a bump on the roof of my mouth and it pains during brushing. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a bump on the right backside of the roof of my mouth. It is right next to the tooth that is farther back. It has pain when I brush my tongue over it. Also giving me a slight headache and earache. I recently went to the dentist for a cleaning, and they said my wisdom teeth were ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tarun Gupta

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query, and it seems that the bump which is painful and which gives radiating pain to ear and head is because of your third molar and this tooth is infected as the food gets entrapped between the tooth and soft tissue covering that tooth. For this, avoid e...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest medicine for wisdom tooth pain.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having wisdom tooth pain and I am currently traveling. Can you please suggest some good pain relief medicine and once I am back home, I shall get it treated. Please find the attached X-ray.  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. I checked your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Pain is due to impacted wisdom tooth which has also damaged adjacent tooth leading to caries. You may require disimpaction and restoration of adjacent tooth by root canal. Right no...  Read Full »

What Is The Best Course of Action For Infected Wisdom Tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lower wisdom tooth that has been infected chronically for well over a year. I also have an upper molar that is broken decayed and has been like this for years. The wisdom tooth oozes green pus if you apply pressure with a cotton swab. The decayed tooth is mildly painful. I saw my...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your complaint and the relevant details. Please do not panic relating this to death. The good thing is you do not have chills or swelling.¬†Huge swellings that cover the entire face, jaw or neck are only dangerous. These are called space infection that keeps s...  Read Full »