Wisdom Tooth Infection

Even after taking prescribed medicines, my sore throat and tooth pain has not subsided. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a recurrent sore throat for which I am taking Montair FX and had courses of antibiotics. I had no fever so I was not recommended COVID test. The reason was given as reflux so I started the medicine and raised my bed. However, for the last 10-15 days or so I am having sever...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The prescription contains only a multivitamin capsule (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need antibiotics like Amoxicillin-CV 625 mg three times a day for a week along with a strong painkiller. Get the decayed wisdom teeth extracted as it is better...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain near my second molar with redness and pain in gingiva?

Query: Hello doctor, I had pain in my second molar. I felt the pain in my wisdom tooth last week then the pain fades away after 3-5 minutes. I thought it will not come back but then it happens recently then the gums in my second right molar teeth have the red lining and it always hurts when I eat or drink...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. I am sorry for your inconvenience with the tooth. As an expert in this field, I know what is exactly wrong. Nothing to worry it is your third molar. What happens during erupting third molars or partially erupted third molars is the gum b...  Read Full »

How to relieve jaw pain due to an impacted wisdom tooth?

Query: I'm having ache in lower jaw. Last time i visited dentist...i had a root canal same side After a month i started experiencing pain in that jaw sometimes... Doctor said root canal is fine and that i have impacted wisdom tooth after a quick x ray. I am having pain now again in that jaw after 3 mon...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammad Emranul Islam

Dentist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hello, welcome to iCliniq. This may be the pain from the same reason you had previously. If you have an impacted wisdom tooth, then that can cause you this kind of problem repeatedly. But if you have pain on biting, that may be from the root canal treated tooth. Do you have the xray? Can you send ...  Read Full »

Why do pain and swelling occurs in the erupting wisdom tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing this below for more than 15 days. My lower and upper wisdom teeth are erupting. The lower teeth are erupting and gum got swelling and pain. There is swelling nearby the last molar teeth and feeling pain. I have a feeling of throat infection and sometimes pain in the throa...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all please do not worry. I went through your query and I am a specialist dealing with third molars. I can understand what kind of pain and discomfort you have been through. I will guide you to relieve all your pain. These teeth are impacted and they will n...  Read Full »

How to treat severe wisdom tooth pain with swelling and restricted mouth opening?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner is having a lot of pain in his wisdom tooth. I guess he is getting it but his whole mouth got swelling and he is not even able to talk. He is having fever also now and the pain is not bearable. What should we do right now as none of the doctors are available?  Read Full »

Dr. Vijay Rajendran

Dentist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wisdom tooth got infection, so there is pain and swelling. The infection is spreading that is why you have restricted mouth opening and facial swelling. Better start with high dose antibiotics and pain killer temporarily. It will be easier for me to give correct tr...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for swollen gums with pain and inflammation in the wisdom tooth area?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is having toothache and swollen and inflamed gums for four days. This is due to wisdom teeth. Currently, she is taking Cataflam 50 mg two tablets in 24 hours for the past two days for pain relief. Her age is 36 years and her weight is 56 kg. She does not have any past medical...  Read Full »

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

Dentist, Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Oral Implantologist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The proper treatment of wisdom tooth is extraction as wisdom tooth is not able to perform its function of chewing because it is present in the most posterior position of our oral cavity. So it is of no use in saving it by RCT (root canal treatment) and crown and wasting...  Read Full »

How to treat pain and swelling due to a wisdom tooth cutting into the cheek?

Query: Hello I was due to have my upper left wisdom tooth taken out last Friday, but my dentist has been closed due to the Corona Virus. I had an x-ray done on my last visit and my dentist said it was a very awkward tooth to remove and not straight forward. I am in a lot of pain at the moment as my wisdo...  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Dear Patient, -I read your complete writing and I totally understand your concern, your mouth opening is really less now, I am sorry for the pain you are bearing. -The first thing you need to do urgently after reading this kindly begin warm water salt rinse 5-6 times a day.It will surely relax your ...  Read Full »

Pain and swelling in my wisdom tooth area is preventing me to chew or bite. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having gum pain and swelling near wisdom tooth in the lower jaw for three days. I am unable to open the mouth fully and eat or bite properly. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Disha Kandi Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist, Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the description, you are suffering from pericoronitis. As per the current outside scenario of viral outbreak, one should not visit the dental clinic unless it is an emergency. So for temporary relief, I can tell you medication and a few home remedies, but for ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of painful swollen gums around third molar?

Query: Hello doctor, My gums surrounding my third molar/ wisdom tooth (lower left jaw) seem to be swollen. I started to feel pain on it yesterday morning and gargled with Bactidol. This morning the pain seemed to intensify. I feel pain when I swallow, open my mouth, and when I gargle. Somehow I feel the p...  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a case of pericoronitis. Do not worry take tablet Oflox oz twice daily for five days, Hexidine mouthwash do gargles with it thrice daily for one week, tablet Zerodol SP twice daily for five days. It will relieve it. I tell you Amoxicillin will not help with this p...  Read Full »

How to manage decayed wisdom tooth with pus?

Query: Hello doctor, My wisdom teeth came a few years ago. The top ones are straight but too close to the molars next to them, so they broke the molars. Those top molars next to the wisdom teeth, as well as those top wisdom teeth are broken, decayed, and sometimes painful. My bottom wisdom teeth have not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Menon

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Put your mind at ease. There is a high chance of food getting stuck between the wisdom tooth and the molar because of the position of the molar. This gets unnoticed during brushing and over time gives rise to the decayed tooth. Plain Amoxicillin will not help in decr...  Read Full »