Wisdom Tooth Infection

Can I have enlarged tonsil on one side only?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old female. I do not drink alcohol or smoke. One of my tonsils remains bigger than the other. I noticed it especially after getting an infection on one of my wisdom tooth and I started to have sore throat. My infected tooth was present on the left side but I have tonsil en...  Read Full »

Dr. Nishant

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. One of the tonsils remains larger than the other. I do not think that this is an issue at this moment. Sore throat occurs due to wisdom tooth infection and you are taking the right treatment. Your tonsil does not hurt and you do not know w...  Read Full »

Will toothache with swelling cause restricted mouth opening?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a toothache, a top rearmost tooth on the right-hand side. And I had gotten rid of it with Ibuprofen four days ago. But now I have a new problem. My right cheek has inflamed and painful. It also hurts when I open my mouth wide enough to even let a spoon in so I can barely eat. That ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. As per your history, I suspect it is a third molar infection as it leads to restricted mouth opening. I suggest you take the following medications: 1) Tablet Amoxyclav (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) 625 mg, one tablet twice a day afte...  Read Full »

How to relieve jaw pain due to an impacted wisdom tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an ache in the lower jaw. Last time I visited the dentist. I had a root canal treatment done. After a month, I started experiencing pain in that jaw. The doctor said root canal treatment is fine, and they noticed an impacted wisdom tooth after a quick X-ray. I am having pain n...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammad Emranul Islam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This may be the pain for the same reason you had previously. If you have an impacted wisdom tooth, then that can cause you this kind of problem repeatedly. But if you have pain on biting, that may be from the root canal-treated tooth. Do you have the X-ray? Can you s...  Read Full »

How to treat pain and swelling due to a wisdom tooth cutting into the cheek?

Query: Hi doctor,I was planning to remove my upper left wisdom tooth last week. But the dentist was unavailable due to pandemic. I have taken an X-ray on my last visit and my dentist told me that it looks very awkward. I have a lot of pain at this moment as my wisdom tooth is halfway splitting into the sid...  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. As your mouth opening is very low, do salt water gargling five to six times a day. It will help to relax your mouth opening. Continue taking antibiotics as prescribed. Have a gap of four to five days and then continue taking antibiotics for an...  Read Full »

Even after taking prescribed medicines, my sore throat and tooth pain has not subsided. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a recurrent sore throat for which I am taking Montair FX and had courses of antibiotics. I had no fever so I was not recommended COVID test. The reason was given as reflux so I started the medicine and raised my bed. However, for the last 10-15 days or so I am having sever...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The prescription contains only a multivitamin capsule (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need antibiotics like Amoxicillin-CV 625 mg three times a day for a week along with a strong painkiller. Get the decayed wisdom teeth extracted as it is better...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain near my second molar with redness and pain in gingiva?

Query: Hello doctor, I had pain in my second molar. I felt the pain in my wisdom tooth last week then the pain fades away after 3-5 minutes. I thought it will not come back but then it happens recently then the gums in my second right molar teeth have the red lining and it always hurts when I eat or drink...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. I am sorry for your inconvenience with the tooth. As an expert in this field, I know what is exactly wrong. Nothing to worry it is your third molar. What happens during erupting third molars or partially erupted third molars is the gum b...  Read Full »

Why do pain and swelling occurs in the erupting wisdom tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing this below for more than 15 days. My lower and upper wisdom teeth are erupting. The lower teeth are erupting and gum got swelling and pain. There is swelling nearby the last molar teeth and feeling pain. I have a feeling of throat infection and sometimes pain in the throa...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all please do not worry. I went through your query and I am a specialist dealing with third molars. I can understand what kind of pain and discomfort you have been through. I will guide you to relieve all your pain. These teeth are impacted and they will n...  Read Full »

How to treat severe wisdom tooth pain with swelling and restricted mouth opening?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner is having a lot of pain in his wisdom tooth. I guess he is getting it but his whole mouth got swelling and he is not even able to talk. He is having fever also now and the pain is not bearable. What should we do right now as none of the doctors are available?  Read Full »

Dr. Vijay Rajendran

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wisdom tooth got infection, so there is pain and swelling. The infection is spreading that is why you have restricted mouth opening and facial swelling. Better start with high dose antibiotics and pain killer temporarily. It will be easier for me to give correct tr...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for swollen gums with pain and inflammation in the wisdom tooth area?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is having toothache and swollen and inflamed gums for four days. This is due to wisdom teeth. Currently, she is taking Cataflam 50 mg two tablets in 24 hours for the past two days for pain relief. Her age is 36 years and her weight is 56 kg. She does not have any past medical...  Read Full »

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The proper treatment of wisdom tooth is extraction as wisdom tooth is not able to perform its function of chewing because it is present in the most posterior position of our oral cavity. So it is of no use in saving it by RCT (root canal treatment) and crown and wasting...  Read Full »

Pain and swelling in my wisdom tooth area is preventing me to chew or bite. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having gum pain and swelling near wisdom tooth in the lower jaw for three days. I am unable to open the mouth fully and eat or bite properly. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Disha Kandi Yermal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the description, you are suffering from pericoronitis. As per the current outside scenario of viral outbreak, one should not visit the dental clinic unless it is an emergency. So for temporary relief, I can tell you medication and a few home remedies, but for ...  Read Full »