Q. How soon should I expect a withdrawal bleed?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

I am a 25 year old female. I did not have any withdrawal bleeding. It has been two days since I took Unwanted 72. I took it within an hour of having unprotected sex. Is withdrawal bleeding necessary after taking the pill? Please advise me as I am concerned.

#

• Since you have taken an emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of a pregnancy.
  • You can have the withdrawal bleeding within a week to 10 days of taking it or you may have your periods a little early. So relax and do not worry.

However, if you have a doubt then do get back to me. Take care.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|