Q. Tried withdrawal method and took I-pill. Am I safe?

Dr. Garima Sawhney
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 02, 2020

I had unprotected sex and took I-pill within 8 hrs. I am regular with 28 to 30 day cycle. I do not know about my fertility. What are the chances for my pregnancy? We used only withdrawal method.

#

• You said that you had unprotected intercourse and within eight hours you took I-pill. So, the chances of you getting pregnant are very less, as I-pill prevents 50% to 80% chance of getting pregnant.
  • If your periods do not start on time, then this could be either due to the side effect of I-pill or could be pregnant. So, do follow up with a pregnancy test result in case this happens.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|