Q. Tried withdrawal method and took I-pill. Am I safe?

Dr. Garima Sawhney
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 02, 2020

I had unprotected sex and took I-pill within 8 hrs. I am regular with 28 to 30 day cycle. I do not know about my fertility. What are the chances for my pregnancy? We used only withdrawal method.

#

• You said that you had unprotected intercourse and within eight hours you took I-pill. So, the chances of you getting pregnant are very less, as I-pill prevents 50% to 80% chance of getting pregnant.
  • If your periods do not start on time, then this could be either due to the side effect of I-pill or could be pregnant. So, do follow up with a pregnancy test result in case this happens.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I took I-pill after 6th and 14th hour of intercourse. Can I be pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I took two I-pills after sixth hour and 14th hour of sexual intercourse. Then, a week later I got vaginal bleeding for five days. Am I pregnant? When can I expect my next periods?  Read Full »

Can unprotected sex on third day of period cause pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my fiancee had unprotected sex on the third day of her period. I did not ejaculate inside her. And she also has the history of an irregular period but from the past three months, she is getting her regular period. I just want to know what are the chances of pregnancy.  Read Full »

After I-pill, I had a flow but it was not heavy. What is the chance of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I need an urgent help. I was on my fifth day of my periods and I made out with my partner. I had my pants and my panty on and he had his penis out. He ejaculated on my pant, and I saw that some portion of my panty was wet as well. And I felt wet in the skin of the lower portion of abd...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»