Withdrawl Bleed

Do frequent intake of i-pill cause changes in menstrual cycle?

Query: Hello doctor, I took a tablet to extend my period during my wedding. After that, I got a scanty one in the same month and took an i-pill end the end of the month. I got my next period within a few days. It was heavy for the first two days and I felt so tired. Again after twelve days, I had bleeding...  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are probably taking the i-pill again and again which is not right. It has caused hormonal imbalance and disturbed the cycles. It is meant to be taken once only for emergency reasons and not after every unprotected sex. Anyhow the reason for bleeding like this is wit...  Read Full »

I had sex with my partner last month and missed periods. Am I pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old and I had sex with my partner last month. My expected period date was a week later. Still, I did not get my periods. I have tried testing pregnancy strips the result was negative. I consumed Regestrone tablets for the past four days. We do not want to have a baby beca...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the urine pregnancy test was done after eight days post missed menses was negative then you are not pregnant. However, to be double sure, you may opt for a serum beta hCG test, where if the hCG levels are less than 3 mIU, then you can be sure that you are not pre...  Read Full »