Worm Infection

What causes stomach pain in a 2.5-year-old child?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 2.5 years old. For a week he is complaining of stomach pain. As of now he is totally fine, but he is not ready to eat anything. Also, when we give him buffalo milk he takes it, but many a times he vomits. Whereas if we give him NAN 4 he is fine. Very fresh and active but sweat...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son could be suffering from gastritis or worm infestation as a cause of pain in stomach. I would suggest you to give him tablet Junior Lanzol (Lansoprazole) 15 mg twice a day for five days to suppress gastric acid. Give plenty of curd. Give the child...  Read Full »

Can I give two doses of Albendazole to my 1.5-month-old baby in a short interval?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1 year 5 month old now. He was treated with Albid suspension for worm before two months. Again he has same symptoms of worm infection now. What can I do? Is it safe to give him Albid or other medicine for worm within short interval of two months? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can give him Albid (Albendazole) 10 ml at night before sleep. But, I suggest you to give syrup Bandy Plus (combination of Albendazole and Ivermectin) 10 ml at night before sleep. Because, Albid contains only Albendazole while Bandy Plus contains Albendaz...  Read Full »

How to treat a belly button worm?

Query: Hello doctor, My abdomen has been swelling for months and is quite distended. Something felt like it was moving around in my stomach about eight months ago but I did not pay much attention to it. When I awoke yesterday, my rectum was itching and my belly button felt as if it had been cut. It felt wo...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and the images you have posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Generally, there is no communication between the abdomen to the outside through the umbilicus. So, you will need to get an ultrasonogram of the abdomen d...  Read Full »

What is the dosage for Nemocid?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is three years old. He weights 11.6 kilograms. He is given Nemocid for every six months for disinfection. What is the dose of Nemocid for him now? The previous dose was 2.5 ml. If Nemoacid is not suitable, what is the other medicine advised for him? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Simy Mathew

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can continue to give Nemocid (Pyrantel Pamoate) and follow the dose of 2.5 ml for every six months. If he has any other symptoms like anal itching, decreased appetite, and abdominal pain, you can give Nemoacid 2.5 ml twice a week. You can also give Bandy plus. It is...  Read Full »

Please suggest home remedies for hot sensation in the anus.

Query: Hi doctor, What are some of the home remedies for burning sensation of the Anus? What is the reason for this burning sensation? It happens whenever I eat outside food. Though I did not eat more spicy food, why it is happening.  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following are the causes for burning sensation in the anus. Spicy foods Hard food such as bread that causes constipation Less water consumption Excess tea and coffee consumption Foods that easily causes heat in the body Frequent diarrhea o...  Read Full »

My 5 year old daughter has stomach ache around the navel area from time to time. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old daughter has stomach aches around the navel area that happens from time to time. It lasts a few minutes each time and goes away. Abdominal X-ray and ultrasound were done and has not found any abnormalities or umbilical hernia. Stomach pain starts while eating or drinking...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suspect three things, it is just assumption based on history. 1. Stomach ulcer, as she had pain after food and water. 2. Worm infection, need to have a look after food. 3. If non of the above, must be ruled out by investigations. Then it is called functional ab...  Read Full »

As I am concerned about raccoon roundworm exposure, can I take Albenza 10 days course?

Query: Hello doctor,I am concerned about a possible raccoon roundworm exposure. I have read that I can take a prophylactic 10-day course of Albenza to keep any eggs from entering my CNS. I might have type 2 diabetes for a while and have put off bloodwork to find out. I am a glaucoma suspect based on the la...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Albendazole 400 mg single star dose is enough for prophylactic deworming. 10 days course is not required. Usually, it is very safe and is well tolerated. A rare side effect is a seizure, that can happen if the worm is already lying dormant in your CNS. I generally pr...  Read Full »

My daughter is 2 years old and suffering from recurrent worm disease. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 2 years old and suffering from worm disease. After taking medicines, it repeatedly occurs every three months. She was already given Mebex before one month, but it does not work out. So please suggest how to completely clear worms disease. Please advise the treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In this case of recurrent worm infestation, I would advise you to do a course of Mebex (Mebendazole) for the entire family living with the child and for the child itself once a week for 10 weeks. This will be coupled with a thorough cleaning of the house, specificall...  Read Full »

Iron Deficiency Cause a Pain around the Belly Button

Query: Hello doctor,A few days ago one of my female friends had pain around the belly button. She went to a physician and was told that it could be because of a decrease in iron in the blood. Does iron deficiency relate to pain near the stomach? What can be the other causes?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it can be related. One of the causes of a low hemoglobin count is low iron in the body, which may occur either due to inadequate diet or excessive loss from the stools or menstruation. There are multiple causes, and we need to confirm it by hemoglobin level, ser...  Read Full »

Does my kid have loose motions due to packaged milk?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 13 months old and 8 kg weight. He is having loose motion over a week. I have given him Oflomac-M and Sporlac tablet twice a day. As he did not suffice, stopped giving him Amul milk and started Isomil. Later he was fine for the next 2 days and when I started back Amul milk since...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question in detail and I know that you are very concerned about your child but do not worry. By what you quote it seems that your child has probably got lactose intolerance, resistant stomach infection or worm infestation. I think you should do stool r...  Read Full »