Wound Healing

Skin color around my cut wound in finger is becoming dark. Is this normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I cut my finger with a knife while cutting sweet potatoes and went to the ER where they cauterized the wound. Now one week later, my fingertip is still numb and tight. The color of my skin is changing around the wound. I am not sure if this is an expected outcome of the healing proces...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you are suffering from soreness and numbness surrounding the wound of the tip of your cutting finger. You are more concerned about the color changes of the wound. As the damaged tissue regenerates, it pushe...  Read Full »

How harsh should I rinse my mouth after wisdom tooth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a lower impacted wisdom tooth removal nine days ago. Two days ago, the doctor took out my stitches as well. After that, today while I was rinsing my mouth some kind of creamy looking thing with the size of small corn but with a soft texture came out. Yesterday night simi...  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iciniq.com. If there is pain, bad taste with white pus-like liquid coming out the socket could be infected. Also, if these white things look and feel like small tissues, it could be healing tissues which are absolutely normal. Usually, gentle rinses are recommended after toot...  Read Full »

Why is my 6-year-old son's infected wound, not healing?

Query: Hi Doc, Greetings. My 6-year-old son is having a wound with infection and is now on its 3rd week. It does not heal. It is growing bigger. Wound Location: Right knee How it started? He scratched it and got wounded How long has it been? 3 weeks now (around 16 days) Meds administered: 1. Betadine...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, I went through the details of the occurence of the wound and it’s course. It has been appropriately described. I appreciate that. Now, you have tried the wound management as best as it can be done at home. The wound in the photo looks like it has healed about 90%. Good job, I should s...  Read Full »

Why is my mother's leg wound, not healing for months?

Query: hi, i might need a general surgeon for a consult regarding my mother's wound. she is 81 years old, she's had it since end of last year. She has seen 3 doctors and has gone lab tests. based on her lab results, the first doctor (up to the third) has prescribed Mupirocin ointment, antibiotic (which l...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgeon

Answer: hello I will definitely help you regarding your mother's problem I have seen the image and lab report of your mother There is a ulcer in her leg medial aspect. as I can see it is a chronic non healing ulcer because the margins are sharp and base is filled by yellow debris. in healing ulcer ulcers ar...  Read Full »

Why does my skin allergy not heal fully and keeps itching?

Query: I have developed some skin allergy on my back and it itches a lot and sometimes uncontrollably. The allergy is fading but the burning and itching is still there. The affected skin area has got rough and it feels weird also. For the past year I have realized that all my wounds never recover fully ...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi this type of allergy is occurs in some genetic diseases .. during the healing process there is increased formation of some cells which release histamine chemical cause itching this is a very resistant condition but you try following treatment. I want to know since when you are having such sympt...  Read Full »

How do alcohol drinking decrease the healing process after dermapen microneedling?

Query: Hello doctor, My question is, when can I drink more than two glasses of wine a day or a whole bottle without it hindering the healing process after my dermapen session of micro needling? And also, because I was occasionally drinking a few bottles of beer after I had gotten it done, does that mean my...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Alcohol use can diminish wound healing, it increases the blood flow so it can also cause bleeding. Excessive alcohol intake also reduces the immunity of the body which can lead to delayed wound healing. Same principle applied to micro needling. Micro needling is also a...  Read Full »

Can Ibuprofen lower the platelet count?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a hair transplant with 1500 grafts. That means about 3500 1 mm holes were made in my neck area (beard) and scalp and formed crusts and healed. Following my transplant (30 hours later), I had a normal white blood count but platelets were very low (60000), after one week my platel...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hereby, I am giving you opinion regarding your case. Platelet has seven to 10 days lifespan but it is produced from megakaryocytes continuously. Surgery or wound healing like in hair transplantation will not reduce platelet count. If following surgery infection occu...  Read Full »

My father who is a diabetic,underwent CABG and the wound is taking long time to heal. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My father is diabetic and had MI with a heart block. He underwent CABG surgery and sternal debridement before three years. The wound has not healed still now. He is on Meropenem 1000 mg medication, and Colistimethate Sodium is also being used. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your father is diabetic, he has low immunity against infection. Wound healing may take some time. Deep sternal wounds are very common after CABG (Coronary artery bypass grafting). Both antibiotics he is using are very powerful. If they are not effective, then I w...  Read Full »

What should I use to speed up the healing of a burned scar?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a cold sore arising on the border of my top lip and tried to stop it with alcohol and tea tree oil. The sore did not form, but I was left with a burn from the oil, and I pulled off the burned skin, leaving a small circular open wound. After healing, it started pink, but now it is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. First, you need to understand that it is normal skin response to heal with either hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation (white color as in your case) whenever it gets trauma (burn or insect bite). Most of the time, lesion heals within f...  Read Full »

The site of tooth extraction looks like a mold. What is the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I need help. I had my molar extracted last week. The area where the tooth was removed is looking very weird. Green, white, blue, yellow, with a tint of blood? It looks like a mold. I am taking Mefenamic acid thrice a day, I put ice on it, and I am on a soft diet. It is sometimes painful,...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. As per your history and sent photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like the wound is healing and the color changes occur during the healing period. If you have bad breath and ...  Read Full »