Wound Healing

Can Ibuprofen lower the platelet count?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a hair transplant with 1500 grafts. That means about 3500 1 mm holes were made in my neck area (beard) and scalp and formed crusts and healed. Following my transplant (30 hours later), I had a normal white blood count but platelets were very low (60000), after one week my platel...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hereby, I am giving you opinion regarding your case. Platelet has seven to 10 days lifespan but it is produced from megakaryocytes continuously. Surgery or wound healing like in hair transplantation will not reduce platelet count. If following surgery infection occu...  Read Full »

My father who is a diabetic,underwent CABG and the wound is taking long time to heal. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My father is diabetic and had MI with a heart block. He underwent CABG surgery and sternal debridement before three years. The wound has not healed still now. He is on Meropenem 1000 mg medication, and Colistimethate Sodium is also being used. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your father is diabetic, he has low immunity against infection. Wound healing may take some time. Deep sternal wounds are very common after CABG (Coronary artery bypass grafting). Both antibiotics he is using are very powerful. If they are not effective, then I w...  Read Full »

What should I use to speed up the healing of a burned scar?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a cold sore arising on the border of my top lip and tried to stop it with alcohol and tea tree oil. The sore did not form, but I was left with a burn from the oil, and I pulled off the burned skin, leaving a small circular open wound. After healing, it started pink, but now it is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. First, you need to understand that it is normal skin response to heal with either hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation (white color as in your case) whenever it gets trauma (burn or insect bite). Most of the time, lesion heals within f...  Read Full »

The site of tooth extraction looks like a mold. What is the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I need help. I had my molar extracted last week. The area where the tooth was removed is looking very weird. Green, white, blue, yellow, with a tint of blood? It looks like a mold. I am taking Mefenamic acid thrice a day, I put ice on it, and I am on a soft diet. It is sometimes painful,...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. As per your history and sent photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like the wound is healing and the color changes occur during the healing period. If you have bad breath and ...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the MRI of ankle, foot and hip taken after four years of a fall injury.

Query: Hello doctor, I would very much like a second opinion on a recent MRI of my ankle, foot and hip after a fall over four years ago. I have been wearing an air cast boot for support but I have an extremely inverted ankle or foot following the fall. However, the MRI of the foot, ankle, and hips are nor...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI of the ankle, foot, and hip seems to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Well, I am not able to understand your problem. What difficulty you have? Is it present while sitting or only on standing? Kindly elaborate more of your symptoms so...  Read Full »

I had a frenuloplasty of the penis, the stitches have come apart. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I had a frenuloplasty of the penis ten days back. It all seemed fine at first, and I had very little pain. I have to say the actual incision and stitches were a lot larger than what I was previously led to believe. I have been washing gently with salt water and rinsing twice daily. I too...  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are correct, a few stitches have come apart. Your doctor is also right, this wound looks healthy. You may continue with your daily care till it heals completely. At this point in time, the only best th...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to take Amoxyclav for infection and swelling in foot?

Query: Hello doctor,I have got an infection in my foot and it is on my right foot above the ankle. That particular part is a bit swollen and sometimes pus and some blood come out when I clean it. And because of that infection, my foot is swollen and I am experiencing pain while walking. I am going to a cli...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes certainly, you will need antibiotics to kill the bacterias. So Amoxyclav 625 (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) is a good choice. So you need to have it three times a day for five to seven days depending on the response. You can certainly take it now and it should...  Read Full »

My cut wound looks the same even after a month. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 years old female. I cut myself when I recently shaved around my anus and buttocks. A few days later, it was pink or red before a scab comes. Now, even a month later, it still looks the same. It does not itch, but bothering me. What should I do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think it should have been healed in this period. Swab has formed, and that means it has improved (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Is there a swelling, local pain or tenderness at the cut site or do you have a fever? If none is present, then probably...  Read Full »

Can Hydroquinone use on the penis cause the skin to be sensitive and red?

Query: Hello doctor, Eighteen months ago, I had a reconstructive surgery on my penis to treat penile curvature. Two weeks post operation, hematoma exploded so I got wound breakdown. Skin necrosis ensued and I lost a small part of my penile skin. No graft or flap was used. I now have hyperpigmentation and v...  Read Full »

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

Cosmetologist, General Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you have explained the condition in full detail and with good quality pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, the Hydroquinone used over the skin especially over the thin penile skin does have side effects. I adv...  Read Full »

How can we treat deep burns?

Query: Hi doctor, My eight-year-old daughter has got metal burn on her cheek left side less than 1 inch above the mouth left side and nose top. The doctor advised Silverex ointment, tablet Taxim-O, and Flexon. But it was so dry and turned black when we applied the cream. Is it normal? How long will it take...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankit Gupta

Plastic Surgeon, Cosmetologist, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a profound third-degree burn with black eschar present. I would recommend you see a plastic surgeon. Deep burns take more than 21 days to heal, and they will improve with scar...  Read Full »