Q. Does it take seven days for the stitches to heal?

Dr. Rajesh Jain

I have a cut on my hand and its been healing with stitches for the last seven days. I am wondering if it could be infected?

#

It suggests a mild infection. I would suggest you clean it with hydrogen peroxide. Apply Betadine cream locally and put a sterile bandage on it. Do it daily till edges become fused. Avoid movement for fast healing. I would suggest you take the following medicines for five days -

1. Tablet Pan 40 mg once a day empty stomach.
  2. Tablet Tibrolin (Bromelain 90 mg, Trypsin 48 mg, and Rutoside 100 mg) one tablet twice a day.
  3. Tablet Clavam (Amoxicillin 500 mg and Clavulanic acid 125 mg), one tablet twice a day.
  4. Once a day, Tablet Riconia (multivitamin containing Folic acid, Niacin, Calcium pantothenate, and Zinc oxide). Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take medicines after their consent.

Send me a follow-up after three days.

|