Q. I have pain in my wrist after playing piano. How to get cured?

Dr. Sugreev Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 02, 2021 and last reviewed on: Feb 04, 2021

I am a 19-year-old female and I get wrist pain. It happens in both of my wrists and it comes without any specific cause. When I put pressure on my palms, I get a shooting pain on my wrist where I have the main veins. I play piano in a proper position and pressure. I am afraid of getting RSI. Please help me to diagnose the condition.

#

I understand your concern. You can have wrist pain due to playing piano and due to usage of devices for a long time. You should take a rest for a while. If you have continuous pain, then it is necessary to do an X-ray of the wrist to rule out arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. Usually, pain occurs due to overwork and it heals down within a few days. I suggest you apply Diclofenac gel or spray 0.1 % two to three times on the wrist when you have pain. You can take tablet Diclofenac 75 mg after a meal for three days. Please have a follow up after three days and we can go further treatment. Please say whether you have this pain for the first time, any swelling or redness in that area, and any wrist stiffness in the morning.

It can occur due to overstretching.

X-ray of the wrist has to be done

It can be arthritis

Pain in hand

You can take Diclofenac 75 mg.

Avoid lifting heavyweight and stop playing piano

|