Q. I have wrist pain. It hurts to flex my wrist when moving it left and right. Why?

Dr. Vivek Chail
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I have wrist pain, and it is swollen. It hurts to flex my wrist doing push-ups or moving it left and right.

#

Thanks for writing to us.

Sorry to hear about your wrist pain and discomfort.

I hope the pain is not severe.

From the picture attached (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), we can see soft tissue inflammatory changes in the area on the radial part of the wrist between the scaphoid and lateral part of the lower end of the radius bone or the radial styloid process. There is mild fluid in the intercarpal joints between the scaphoid, trapezius, and trapezoid bones and showing adjacent edema in the soft tissues medial to the extensor pollicis brevis and abductor pollicis longus tendons on the radial side of the wrist. There is mild bone marrow edema in the scaphoid bone. This is known as a triscaphe joint inflammation or arthritis and usually a degenerative condition of the wrist.

Please discuss the above with your doctors for detailed treatment guidelines.

Regards and thanks.

|