Q. I took my 4th and 6th day Yasmin pill a few hours late. Will it cause pregnancy?

Dr. Zubayeralam

I am on Yasmin pills. I took the 4th-day pill 6 hours late and 6th-day pill 10 hours late. Will it cause pregnancy?

#

Welcome to cliniq.com.

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have taken the 4th pill 6 hours late and 6th-day pill 10 hours late, and you are on Yasmin pill. You should take your pill at the same time each day. The timely taking pill will enhance its effectiveness. But, if you forget to take your pill on time, then take it as soon as you remember. Delay in taking the pill will not hamper protection against pregnancy. You are still protected to get pregnant.

I always take my pills on time. Do you mean I am safe, and there is no chance of pregnancy because of these delays?

#

Yes, you are safe from pregnancy. One or two days delay does not hamper in protection against pregnancy. Even if you have missed one pill, you are still protected against pregnancy. In this case, you should take two pills at a time the next day at the scheduled time of taking the pill.

|