Q. How can I get rid of my yellowish teeth and bad breath?

Dr. Smitha Yalavarthy
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 13, 2019

My issue is concerned with my oral health. My teeth have been yellowish for the past five years, and also I have problems of bad breath. Now I am 19, and it feels really painful as I even cannot smile in front of others. I am afraid to laugh and to talk. I need a cure for this. It is now affecting my mental health too as I get depressed at times thinking of this. Please help.

#

Why did you never visit a dentist for your problem? Your problem is calculus formed on the teeth and gums which contains millions of bacteria, that is why you have bad breath, and you have yellowish teeth. Go to a dentist immediately and get your teeth cleaned.

Otherwise, the calculus may eat your gums, and your teeth will become loose. Do not delay, do it quickly, and message me after you get your teeth cleaned. I will tell you some remedies to keep your oral health in good condition.

How can bad breath be stopped and prevented?

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing a problem with bad smell from mouth. I have faced this problem six to eight months before after my accident and I took heavy-dose antibiotics. I have shown to a dentist and I have cleared all my tooth problems. After that also, I am facing this bad smell. I am taking Omepr...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from halitosis and this requires a proper dental evaluation. If that is cleared then you might be having a gastroesophageal reflux disease. You need to be started on a combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone once daily. Do Listerine gargl...  Read Full

Can I use whitening toothpaste for the yellow stains in my teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow stains in my teeth. I feel very bad before others.¬†This problem has been there since childhood. I have attached the pictures of my stained teeth. Please advise.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a permanent discoloration which cannot be removed by normal means like dental scaling. It needs a treatment called lamineering of the front 4 or 6 teeth as required. In...  Read Full

Why are my teeth yellow even though I brush them?

Query: Hello doctor, My teeth always get yellow in color, after brushing for two times a day. Also, my mouth stinks.  Read Full >>

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There could be following reasons for yellowing of teeth. There could be yellow or brown layers of tartar at gumline that needs to be taken out so that your actual enamel can be seen. For it, you need to get your scaling done from the dentist and then do brushing twice a ...  Read Full