Q. My teeth are very yellow. How can I remove yellowness from teeth and make them white?

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2019

My teeth are very yellow. How can I remove yellowness from teeth and make them white at home?

If I go and do the cleaning with a dentist, how much would it cost?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentistry
#

Welcome to icliniq.com

• Yellow teeth can be of different types. If teeth are slightly yellowish with plaque, you can make them clean and white just by brushing properly twice a day with light hand pressure. 
  • Avoid abrasive brushing as they can cause the white outer layer of teeth to shed off and thus make teeth look more yellow since internal layer gets exposed by harsh brushing.
  • If teeth are having more amounts of plaque and tartar you need to get scaling/ cleaning of all teeth done by a dentist first. And then start using antibacterial mouthwash and some good antibacterial tooth paste that will help you with good oral hygiene and white teeth.
  • You may do survey in the town about the cost. They may vary from place to place. And sterlization does matter a lot in dental treatment. So do not compromise on the cost.

Why is Chlorhexidine mouthwash used only twice daily?

Query: Hello doctor, Why is Chlorhexidine mouthwash used only twice and not thrice daily?  Read Full »

Can I use whitening toothpaste for the yellow stains in my teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow stains in my teeth. I feel very bad before others. This problem has been there since childhood. I have attached the pictures of my stained teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »

Can I brush my teeth after wisdom tooth removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got all four of my wisdom teeth removed last week. I was looking at my back teeth, both top and bottom. On all the four teeth, at the very back of my mouth, just front of where the wisdom teeth were, I noticed what appears to be brown hairline-looking marks in the pits and on th...  Read Full »