Q. My teeth are very yellow. How can I remove yellowness from teeth and make them white?

Dr. Tooba Qazi
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

My teeth are very yellow. How can I remove yellowness from teeth and make them white at home?

If I go and do the cleaning with a dentist, how much would it cost?

#

Welcome to icliniq.com

• Yellow teeth can be of different types. If teeth are slightly yellowish with plaque, you can make them clean and white just by brushing properly twice a day with light hand pressure. 
  • Avoid abrasive brushing as they can cause the white outer layer of teeth to shed off and thus make teeth look more yellow since internal layer gets exposed by harsh brushing.
  • If teeth are having more amounts of plaque and tartar you need to get scaling/ cleaning of all teeth done by a dentist first. And then start using antibacterial mouthwash and some good antibacterial tooth paste that will help you with good oral hygiene and white teeth.
  • You may do survey in the town about the cost. They may vary from place to place. And sterlization does matter a lot in dental treatment. So do not compromise on the cost.

|