Yellow Tongue

Why do I get recurrent growth on the tongue?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27-year-old male. I have seen my doctor multiple times for growth on the tongue. This growth is yellow and sometimes white. I have to brush it off, and it always comes back. I was given antifungal treatment, and culture tests showed now fungus. What is causing these bacteria? It ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mostly the tongue lesion that can be capped off are fungal infections even if the culture comes negative. Mouth hygiene is essential. Do you have reflux in the form of a burning sensation in your chest or your stomach? Do you have a bitter taste in your throat wh...  Read Full »

Why do I have yellowish discoloration and pimples on my tongue?

Query: Hello, I wish you all good. I have a question, i have had for weeks a yellow color in most part of my tongue. And i also have had for a longer time some kind of pimples in the deeper side of the tongue. I would be very grateful if you would give me an answer if this is something serious because i am...  Read Full »

Dr. B. Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, The yellowish discoloration over the dorsum of your tongue could be due to vitamin deficiency or due to coating due to inadequate oral hygiene. Bumps at the back of your tongue represent taste buds which are of different types and in numbers and they might increase in size due to an underlying...  Read Full »

Why is my tongue turning yellow?

Query: Hi doctor, My tongue looks yellow from a couple of days now. What is the cause? How to get rid of this? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Nisha Ashokkumar Agrawal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query, and I can understand your concern. I would like to know the following: Do you have any gastric problems? Sometimes, gastric problems can lead to such yellow tongue. Do you have any itchy skin lesions? Fungal infection is another cause. Treat it if you h...  Read Full »