Q. Is it serious to have yellowish discoloration and pimples on the tongue?

Dr. B. Vageesh Padiyar

Hello, I wish you all good. I have a question, i have had for weeks a yellow color in most part of my tongue. And i also have had for a longer time some kind of pimples in the deeper side of the tongue. I would be very grateful if you would give me an answer if this is something serious because i am a bit scared. Thank you very much in advance.

#

The yellowish discoloration over the dorsum of your tongue could be due to vitamin deficiency or due to coating due to inadequate oral hygiene. Bumps at the back of your tongue represent taste buds which are of different types and in numbers and they might increase in size due to an underlying vitamin deficiency as well. My advice to you would be to start 1. A good multivitamin supplement once a day for next 2 months. 2. Avoid junk, spicy, cold food items 3. Salt water gargling 8 to 10 times a day for atleast 1 month 4. Keep sipping on boiled warm water every 2 hrs during the day for 1 month. 5. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet. The yellowish discoloration can take a while for it to subside and the bumps might persist for a slightly longer duration. There is absolutely nothing that you need to worry about. I hope this answers your query. If there js anything more that you need to know or enquire, please do let us know and we will get back to you ASAP. Warm regards.

|