Q. Is it serious to have yellowish discoloration and pimples on the tongue?

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Hello, I wish you all good. I have a question, i have had for weeks a yellow color in most part of my tongue. And i also have had for a longer time some kind of pimples in the deeper side of the tongue. I would be very grateful if you would give me an answer if this is something serious because i am a bit scared. Thank you very much in advance.

#

The yellowish discoloration over the dorsum of your tongue could be due to vitamin deficiency or due to coating due to inadequate oral hygiene. Bumps at the back of your tongue represent taste buds which are of different types and in numbers and they might increase in size due to an underlying vitamin deficiency as well. My advice to you would be to start 1. A good multivitamin supplement once a day for next 2 months. 2. Avoid junk, spicy, cold food items 3. Salt water gargling 8 to 10 times a day for atleast 1 month 4. Keep sipping on boiled warm water every 2 hrs during the day for 1 month. 5. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet. The yellowish discoloration can take a while for it to subside and the bumps might persist for a slightly longer duration. There is absolutely nothing that you need to worry about. I hope this answers your query. If there js anything more that you need to know or enquire, please do let us know and we will get back to you ASAP. Warm regards.

| 

Detoxification - Ways to Detoxify your Body

Article Overview: Detoxification is the method of removing substances that are toxic to the body, mainly physiologically done by the liver. In some cases, it also refers to the removal of ingested poison or drugs taken for long-term from the body and get to the normal body composition and function.  Read Article

Dr. Divya Banu M
General Medicine Physician

Detoxification It is the method of removing substances that are toxic to the body, mainly physiologically done by the liver. In some cases, it also refers to the removal of ingested poison or drugs taken for long-term from the body and get to the normal body composition and function. Why should yo...  Read Article

Can vitamin deficiency cause muscle twitching?

Query: Hi doctor, Before a week, I began having twitches and tingling in both legs from the knee down. For some time now, probably 6 months or more, I also began feeling that my legs were heavy and just general weakness all over, not really muscle weakness. I am also a gastric bypass patient and have a his...  Read Full »

I am 24-years-old and I have vitamin deficiency. Please suggest me good routine and medicines.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old male. I have vitamin d deficiency 15.07 NG/Ml, testosterone 915.47 NG/Dl, bilirubin - total 1.7 MG/Dl, aspartate aminotransferase (Sgot) 42.6 u/L, and platelet count 120 x 10³ / Μl. How sick I am? Please suggest me good routine and medicines.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»