Q. Shall I continue kitchari mono-diet?

Dr. Santhosh M D
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

I am having a white coating on my tongue. Also, since my childhood, I have had a problem with frequent urination. I have a slightly enlarged prostate of 21.9 whereas less than 20 is normal. My skin has always been very dry. For about 1 or 2 years, I am losing hair and suffering from dandruff. Now I am doing daily tongue scraping, oil pulling for 3 minutes, asanas and some pranayama. My diet is mainly vegetarian. I am on my 8th day of a kitchari mono-diet. I have taken 30 to 60 mL of ghee per day for one week. I am eating twice per day (breakfast and lunch). However, the coating on the tongue remains the same with no improvement. Should I continue the mono-diet? If so, then for how long? As for the urination problem and enlarged prostate, what is your opinion on Himplasia tablets? Would they be beneficial?

#

I have gone through your details and found that you are following certain kind of diet, which is not really beneficial in this condition. Instead of sticking with a mono-diet (ayurveda diet for detoxification) you can make the following practices.

• Only three times food in a day in a fixed interval. Light breakfast and light dinner with sufficient lunch. Vegetarian food is good.
  • Continue with your yoga and pranayama. Give special importance to kapalabhati and mukha dhauti. You can learn agnisara kriya from an experienced yoga teacher. Dynamic yoga is also advisable since you do not have any other ailments.
  • Avoid all dairy products such as ghee, chocolates, etc. Drink 3 to 4 liters of warm water every day.
  • Do not sleep in daytime. Apply sesame oil all over the body and head before taking bath. You can use anti-dandruff shampoos if you want.
  • Avoid all carbonated drinks, preserved and artificial foods.
  • Do not mix cooked and uncooked food. Cooked food is the best choice.
  • Feel the hunger every time you eat. When you follow all these guidelines you can feel the hunger. Once you get good hunger, then almost all problems will be solved.
  • You can use Himplasia for your prostate condition. In yoga setubandasana, pavanamuktasana and butterfly postures are good to practice.

Aama (toxins formed in the body) and diminished digestive fire.

Revert back after two weeks to an ayurveda specialist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|