Q. Shall I continue kitchari mono-diet?

Answered by Dr. Santhosh M D and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Yoga In Management Of Diseases or Dandruff? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Shall I continue kitchari mono-diet?

I am having a white coating on my tongue. Also, since my childhood, I have had a problem with frequent urination. I have a slightly enlarged prostate of 21.9 whereas less than 20 is normal. My skin has always been very dry. For about 1 or 2 years, I am losing hair and suffering from dandruff. Now I am doing daily tongue scraping, oil pulling for 3 minutes, asanas and some pranayama. My diet is mainly vegetarian. I am on my 8th day of a kitchari mono-diet. I have taken 30 to 60 mL of ghee per day for one week. I am eating twice per day (breakfast and lunch). However, the coating on the tongue remains the same with no improvement. Should I continue the mono-diet? If so, then for how long? As for the urination problem and enlarged prostate, what is your opinion on Himplasia tablets? Would they be beneficial?