Q. Shall I follow yoga to reduce my BP?

Dr. Santhosh M D
Published on Sep 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 24, 2019

I am a 34 year old unmarried male. My weight is 70 kg and my height is 5'7". Recently, I checked my BP and it was 150/100 mmHg. Please suggest some medicine to reduce my BP. Shall I follow yoga or pranayama for lowering my BP? What all foods should I take and avoid?

Dr. Santhosh M D

Ayurveda Specialist Yoga
#

•  When you adopt ayurveda lifestyle and yoga practices, it will cure the condition without any doubt.
  •  Avoid salt intake and spicy food as much as possible. Avoid fast food, deep fried foods and preservatives.
  • Eat more fresh vegetables and drink three liters of water daily.
  • Daily yoga or brisk walk for one hour can help a lot.
  • In yoga, you should give more importance to practices such as vrikshasana, garudasana, konasana, sheetali pranayam, chandranuloma, viloma pranayama and nadi shuddhi pranayama.

Anxiety, tension, stress, excessive salt intake, cardiac ailments, etc.

ECG (electrocardiography).

Hypertension.

1. For one week, take only fruits for breakfast and dinner and salt less food for lunch. Any kind of relaxing techniques you can practice during these days.
2. I suggest you Cardimap tablet twice in a day. Consume morning and evening after food.
3. Apply Ksheerabala oil on the nails of the toes and to the head before going to bed. It should be avoided if you feel cold or fever after applying oil.

Control weight and do regular exercise.

Revert back after two weeks to a yoga specialist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/yoga-specialist

My blood pressure is erratic. Can you help ?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old. Recently, I started having high blood pressure. It goes up and down a lot. At some times, it is 170/90, and at others, it is 130/80. Recently I have done a blood test, where my Hb was 10.52, cholesterol was 152, triglyceride was 165, HDL 28 and LDL was 91. The other...  Read Full »

Kindly advise ayurveda treatment for uterine fibroid.

Query: Hi doctor,I have a fibroid of 9.6 × 6.9 cm. It is an intramural fibroid. I have heavy bleeding and back pain during my periods. I also have PCOS. I am taking Rasagandhi mezhugu. What medicine should I take along with Rasagandhi mezhugu for fibroid? Since the size of my fibroid is big, please give m...  Read Full »

Hypertension and Skipping Anti-Hypertensive Pills - A Small Step Towards a Big Mistake

Article Overview: This article tells about the misconceptions prevalent among people against having anti-hypertensive pills.  Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Blood Pressure and Symptoms - A Gist : Blood pressure is basically the pressure faced by the walls of the blood vessels when the blood is ejected from the heart with a level of force. Under normal circumstances this force is essential for the blood to circulate well in the body. Raised blood pressur...  Read Article

Ask a Yoga Specialist Now