Q. What can I do for headache followed by inversion method yoga?

Dr. Santhosh M D
Published on May 22, 2016

I have done inversion method in yoga for the last six days. Now, I have got pain in head and eyes. What can I do now?

Dr. Santhosh M D

Ayurveda Specialist Yoga
#

• All kind of yoga postures are not recommended for everyone.
  • Beginners should never try tough postures. Always remember that yoga is not just performing tough postures.
  • Definition of yoga posture says that sthira sukham asana. That means asana is the posture by which you feel comfort and can be maintained for long without effort.
  • A good teacher should not put beginners to perform advanced postures.
  • Since you have developed headache and eye pain stop the practice for a while. Apply Ksheerabala taila to the head and massage lightly. It will relieve the condition.
  • If the problem persists please feel free to go for a physical evaluation.

For further information consult a yoga specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/yoga-specialist

Tension Headache, A Variant Of Migraine

Article Overview: Tension headache, otherwise called muscle contraction headache, is a type of headache that results in pain in the temporal region and radiates to the forehead and back of the neck. Read the article to know more. Read Article

Dr. Shubham Mehta

A tension headache is a dull, persistent pain that occurs in the temporal region (part of head just above the ears) in a band like distribution and may radiate forward to the frontal (forehead) region or backward to the occipital (part of head just above the neck) region. It is also referred to as a...  Read Article

Does the blood pressure medication could cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old female. I have aches in my limbs and thighs especially at night. It is often characterized by heaviness in limbs. I am getting headache chiefly in left side of the head. I am taking painkiller at least once in a week for the same. I am taking Newtel 40 mg for blood pres...  Read Full »

Please suggest an ayurveda remedy for tight foreskin.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male. I have a tight foreskin. When my penis is erect I can pull down the skin completely without any problem, but when it is normal, it cannot be pulled down completely. Sometimes, I can, but not always. I do not want to go for surgery. Is there a natural way to he...  Read Full »

Ask a Yoga Specialist Now