Zinc Oxide

I feel severe pain after 10 days of extraction. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a molar extracted 10 days ago, and I am now having severe pain. It was a simple extraction that did not even require stitches. I was prescribed Penicillin VK q.i.d for a week and a few tabs of TYL3, which did next to nothing. I had all four wisdom teeth out about 20 years ago wi...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hello doctor, I read your history, almost everything you have attempted. Still, I would recommend the following things. 1. Take Ibuprofen 600 mg three times, (8 hourly) a day, or if having severe pain, you can take it six hourly for three days. 2. Do salt gargles, i.e. take a cup of lukewarm water t...  Read Full »

I had a dressing after extraction. When I am supposed to remove that?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a tooth extracted yesterday from the upper right side. Last night the blood clot fell out, so I was worried about getting a dry socket. I went back to the dentist this morning, and he said I did not have a dry socket and packed it with a nasty tasting dressing. I do not know what ...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. The dressing packed in the socket should be a medicated one containing Zinc oxide eugenol. 2. This has to be wisely removed by the dentist in three days. And by fact, it is the dressing placed for dry sockets. 3. I advise you to continue with the antibiotics and...  Read Full »

I have pain in the tooth socket even after six days of extraction. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had simple extraction of my second bottom tooth. It is day six today since I have removed. I was feeling major pain a few days ago but it is fading away day by day. I actually feel no pain in the morning but in the afternoon I feel discomfort. When can all this go away? I was expect...  Read Full »

Dr. Naseer Bhat

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you should have been fine till now as advised by your dentist but that was when everything post-extraction would have been fine. Unfortunately, in your case, you have got dislodgement of the blood clot after the exaction was done and this condition is called as dry...  Read Full »

How can I prevent the appearance of rash in between testicle and anal area?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been working for about 10 hours a day in the sun for the past three days. When I work long days and keep walking, I get sores, rashes and irritation between my testicles and anal area. It is happening more frequently than it has in the past. They typically go away in about two to t...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This appears to be a case of intertrigo, a kind of dermatitis or inflammatory condition of skin folds. It usually get induced or aggravated by heat, moisture, maceration, friction, and lack of air circulation. It may be secondarily infected by candidal an...  Read Full »

What Should I Do For Facial Warts?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting facial warts again and again at the same place. I go for swimming every day. Is it because of that? I have undergone laser treatment twice and it went away with it. Now, again I have the same problem. What should I do? Is there anything that I can apply as I do not want to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Facial warts occur due to HPV (human papilloma virus) and some people are more susceptible to it due to some complex immunological parameters. They are too notorious to recur and avoid shaving for some time. Also, the probable treatment is electrocautery. Going to...  Read Full »

We have been trying for a baby. Please check my reports.

Query: Hi doctor, We have been trying to conceive for the past 3 years. My wife's report is normal. My semen analysis report is as follows. Volume 0.8 mL (2 - 6), appearance grayish white, liquefaction 60 minutes (20 - 60), viscous, pH 8.0, morphologically ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At present, are you on any medication? Did you have any other tests apart from semen examination? Your report shows decrease motility of sperms. Otherwise, all other parameters look fine. Decreased motility can be due to many reasons including smoking and alcohol. I s...  Read Full »