Zincovit

22-months-old baby attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,My 22-month-old niece is strictly eating baby food. She attempts to eat food but gives up before it reaches her mouth. She also is still on a bottle and occasionally drinks water out of a solo cup or sippy cup. She is also slightly behind in her speech, but interacts and usually plays. ...  Read Full »

Dr. M.l.kothari

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to me stop milk from 8 am to 8 pm and give semisolid diet like dal, dalia, khichdi aloo kela rice, apple, upma, halwa, patolia, raab, kadi idli poha satu custard etc., And from 8 pm to 8 am give mother milk is preferable if not give top milk without water a...  Read Full »

Why am I losing more hair in the crown region?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old woman. I weigh 70 kg and my height is 5 feet 4 inches. I am facing severe hairfall problem. I can see the roots coming out with the hair. I am a working professional, had premature graying so I used to apply color to cover gray. Last year I had Adgain capsules and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your question. First thing is, I recommend you to do the following tests: FSH (Follicle stimulating hormone) and LH (Luteinizing hormone) ratio. Serum cortisol levels both AM and PM values. Check for ACTH (Adrenocorticotropic hormone) levels in blood. Get the...  Read Full »

When compared to night shift, how is working in daytime better?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male. I am overweight. For past 10 days, I feel tiresome. I am taking tablet Nurokind-LC 1-0-0 and capsule Adliv Forte 1-0-1 for the past four days. Now, I am feeling better but not 100%. I suspect UTI, but not tested yet. I have asthma from childhood. Initially, I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. God created us in manner that we should work for 8 hours, rest for 8 hours and sleep for 8 hours. When we change this pattern it may lead to many diseases like migraine, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, etc. Why you are not getting sleep on time? Are you doing night duti...  Read Full »

My two year old daughter has horizontal stripes on her nails. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, My two year old daughter is generally healthy. But, today I noticed some horizontal lines on her toenails. I am sending a picture of the same. Could it be a serious problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and understand your concern. Horizontal lines on the nails could be commonly due to a vitamin deficiency or a fungal infection of the nail. Try to give your child a nutritious diet. You can s...  Read Full »

Please give some advise to improve my hemoglobin level.

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I had RARP surgery for prostate cancer. My Hb level post surgery fell to 10.8 and I was advised to stay on iron supplement Dexorange Syrup one teaspoon thrice daily after meals. In view of ongoing treatment for erosive gastritis, which is now under control, the Iron supplement...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: The hemoglobin level is improving. However, it has not improved to the levels that we will be satisfied to stop supplements. I am also not in favor of continuing su...  Read Full »

Should I stop my wife from taking dried basil and Acitrom together?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife takes Acitrom 3 mg tablet daily. And, she also takes 1 teaspoon of dried basil with milk. Is it alarming? Do I need to stop her eating basil?  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com The interactions of basil with Acitrom (Acenocoumarol) have not been studied in detail. Hence, it is better not to take risk. Please ask her to stop basil. If you can tell me the reason why basil was taken, I can suggest you some alternatives, which are safe to be used alo...  Read Full »

Should I take Rituximab for neuropathy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I am suffering from a neurological disease and due to this I am getting weak day by day. My toes are gone almost numb since last two years and the same things are now happening with the upper limbs. I had this disease from childhood, but in a progressive state. So, wit...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am here to help you. First and foremost, I would like to congratulate you for your excellent narration and detailed documentation of the prescriptions and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which has enabled me to have a good understanding. I und...  Read Full »

A few reddish spots have developed on my baby's head. Are they harmful?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby boy, who is 8 months 14 days old. His weight is 7.6 kg and height is 27 inches. He is taking Arbivit-3 and Zincovit drops daily according to the doctor's advice. Are his weight and height fine? From few days, there are some reddish spots developed on his head and in some parts of...  Read Full »

Dr. Navreet Sharda

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son's weight and height are in normal range, but it is definitely towards lower side. I expect his weight to be between 2 to 3 kg at the time of birth. He need close monitoring as far as growth is concerned. If he is gaining weight adequately in the next coming mont...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.