Q. How to heal dry and cracked soles through ayurveda?

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2019

Both my soles are dry and cracked including the center. It is giving more pain, and I am unable to walk. At times, the pain is very severe. Please help.

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query.

• There might be many causes for cracked heels like dry atmosphere, wearing ill-fitted or hard sole shoes and standing for very long as this may add extra pressure on feet, walking barefoot, not maintaining proper feet hygiene, sometimes diseases like psoriasis, eczema or thyroid disorders, etc.
  • If you have any of mentioned causes, then you need to prevent it. Here, I am suggesting you the treatment for cracked feet.
  • Dip your feet in lukewarm water and wash them with mild soap. You can also use mild herbal shampoo for washing your feet. Use pumic stone to wash the heels. This will remove the dead skin and will exfoliate the feet. Then, apply vegetable oil like coconut oil or olive oil on heels and on feet and wear cotton socks overnight. Try this regularly and you will see that the heels will start healing within three to four weeks.
  • Take ayurvedic lotion named Cutfar ointment and apply on affected part two times a day. If you face difficulty in finding this ointment, then you can look for Dermex ointment or Jatyadi ghrita. Apply any of this twice a day and you will see positive results on regular application.
  • Prefer to wear comfortable shoes while going outside as compared to flotters or sandles as this will protect your heels from dry air, dust and external environment and help them heal soon.
  • In case you notice some abnormal skin discoloration or some other problem, then do visit a nearby dermatologist. Otherwise on regular application of the above mentioned you would soon feel positive results.

Dry atmosphere or some skin disease or thyroid disorder.

Revert after four weeks to an ayurveda specialist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|