Q. What could be causing my muscle cramps and heel pain?

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani

I have muscle cramps in the bottom part of my belly or sometimes one one side of the belly since two to three years. I have put on a lot of weight and now have a protruding belly. I am taking Presolar twice a day, Tazloc-H, Modlip 10, Neurobion Forte once a day, and Caldikind sachet once a week for vitamin D deficiency. Also, I have pain just above the heel of the right leg when I try to stand or walk. After a while, it goes away.  What are the possible causes and remedies? I have attached my recent reports for your reference.

#

• The first thing I want to address is regarding your weight. I want you to reduce it by 20 kg within a year.
  • Your HbA1c is high. Even though your PPBS (post-prandial blood sugar) is normal, FBS (fasting blood sugar) is slightly high. For this, I want you to go for regular exercises like 5 km walk daily, regular measured diet, avoiding rice and taking millets.
  • After three months, I would like you to repeat your FBS, PPBS, HbA1c and lipid profile. We will then decide about your diabetic status.
  • In my opinion, if you do what I suggested regularly and reduce your weight, most of your problems will get solved.
  • I am not comfortable with prescribing medicines right now as it is not a good idea to treat your symptoms alone. We must find out the basic reason for all your problems and treat it first. That is what I am doing.

Take care.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Hello doctor,

Thank you so much. I have started walking about 3 km every day, since a month now. I have also reduced my food intake considerably. Is it true that Magnesium can help in solving problems of muscle cramps? Regards.

#

• Magnesium may help in some people.
  • Reduction of food intake is not the only criteria. Please do as I have suggested. Also, never skip a meal.

Take care.

|