Q. Suggest an ayurvedic cure for muscle pain.

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy
Published on Oct 09, 2015 and last reviewed on: Feb 02, 2019

Can Balaguluchyadi thailam be used for muscle knots or pain in the forearm?

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist Dietician Nutritionist Yoga
#

Majority of thailam will relieve pain. But we should find out the reason for the pain. If it is because of gout, definitely your pain will be cured with this oil.

It would be better if you explain your problem in detail with reports if you have any.

Thank you for replying. I am recovering from a tennis elbow. My forearm muscles were inflamed, which settled after 2-3 months of ice packs. I still have weakness in the forearm along with muscle pain and tightness. My physiotherapist told that these are because of muscle knots. Heat pack gives me temporary relief. I am having knotty muscles from a month. I would like to know would this oil be appropriate?

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

#

Yes, for tennis elbow this oil will definitely help. There are other treatments in ayurveda like,

1. Thaila Dhara.
  2. Lepa.
  3. Agni karma.

You can consult an ayurvedic physician for complete cure. If there are no health issues, then for the pain you can take tablet Yogaraja Guggulu, two tablets twice a day after food with warm water.

Thank you doctor.

Can you please suggest some muscle relaxant medicine which may help relieve muscle knots. I would like to know the dosage as well please.

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

#

The first thing you need to do now is to consult a doctor for a physical evaluation to know whether it is a lipoma or cyst. If you had consulted already, then please do send me the reports.

For muscle relaxation,

1. You can apply warm Murivenna oil on the affected area and do massage followed by mild steaming.
  2. You can undergo oil massage and Lepa in any ayurvedic center.
  3. Internally capsule Flexy forte (green remedies) can be taken one capsule thrice a day after food with warm water for 10 days.

An Unusual Cause For Refractory Lateral Elbow Pain

Article Overview: This article stresses upon the need for clinical suspicion and adequate assessment in refractory patients, to provide early functional improvement and pain relief. Read Article

Dr. Saseendar S

Tennis elbow or lateral epicondylitis is a painful condition of the the elbow. It arises from repetitive stress of the extensor muscles and tendons during repetitive movements of the forearm and the wrist. Despite its name, this condition is more commonly associated with work related to repetitive ...  Read Article

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now