Q. Is medicine the only solution for gout?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2019

I have gout, and my uric acid remains in the range of 8.5 to 9. Is medicine the only solution? I have not started any, but the doctor suggested Febutaz 40 mg. If I start my medicine and continue with my daily workout, is it fine to add a protein shake in my diet?

#

• You can start dietary restrictions initially, and if not responding, then you will have to use medicine. The risk of developing gout is increased with dietary meat and fish intake.
  • Consumption of dairy products, particularly low-fat dairy products, is associated with a substantially reduced risk of gout. Weight loss is of great help. Alcohol consumption should be reduced, as it increases gout episodes.
  • You can have a protein shake, as only animal protein like meat increases the risk of gout.

Hope this helps you, and get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|