Dr.Khalid Shaikh is a General Practitioner and Family Physician specializing in Diabetology and Endocrinology with interest in diabetes and its research. He practicing since 1989, has achieved 30 y... Read More
Dr.Khalid Shaikh is a General Practitioner and Family Physician specializing in Diabetology and Endocrinology with interest in diabetes and its research. He practicing since 1989, has achieved 30 years of a milestone in clinical practice. Currently, he is practicing in Royal Oman Police Hospital, Mina Al Fahal, Muscat, Oman.
Academics & Trainings
Ms Ramaiah Medical College
Central University Of Nicaragua
University Of South Wales
Awards & Publications
1. Post Graduate Diploma in Endocrinology and Diabetes. The University of South Wales.
2. MSc in Diabetes. Texila American University.
3. Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetes. Cardiff University UK.
4. Degree in Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
1. BE-SMART (Basal Early Strategies to Maximize HbA1c Reduction with Oral Therapy): Expert Opinion – Published in Diabetes Therapy, May 17, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13300-019-0629-z.
2. Basal insulin and glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist (GLP1 -RA) combinations - A review article published in Journal of Indian Medical Association, Vol 116, No.3, March 2018.
3. Consensus Recommendations on Sulfonylurea and Sulfonylurea combinations in the Management of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus - International Task Force, published in the Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Volume 22 / Issue / January-February 2018.
4. The Lipo Phenotypic Screening Tool for Familial Hypercholesterolemia, Published in Journal of Pakistan Medical Association, Vol. 69, No. 07, July 2019.
5. External reviewer for the East African Diabetes Study Group (EADSG): EADSG Guidelines: Insulin Therapy in Diabetes, published in Diabetes Therapy by Springer, April 2018, Volume 9, Issue 2, pp 449-492.
6. A Retrospective observational Study on "Glycemic variation in Diabetes patients fasting in Ramadan" - Published in JIMA 2018.
7. Article review on the "Role of Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 Inhibitor in glycemic control and cardiovascular mortality and morbidity" published in South American Journal of Medicine, Volume-2, Issue - 2, 2014.
8. "An Approach to the Management of Patients with Diabetes fasting during Ramadan" - Texila American University.
9. Associate Editor for monthly published Newsletter "Safe Feasting and Fasting."
10. "Unraveling the Utility of Modern Sulfonylureas From CVOTs and Landmark Trials": Expert Opinion from an International panel.
1. Reviewer for Diabetes Therapy with Springer.
2. Co-Editor of "Safe Feasting and Fasting," a monthly newsletter by the South Asian Federation of Endocrine Societies (SAFES) - dedicated to fasting and diabetes in a different religion.
3. Founder Member of Indian Ocean Academia (IO ACaDEMIa) since - 2017.
4. Associate member of South Asian Federation of Endocrine Societies (SAFES) - 2016.
5. Member of American Diabetes Association - 2015.
6. Member of Royal College of General Practioner (RCGP - UK) - 2015.
7. Member of Oman Diabetes Association - 2009.
Achievements in the Field of Diabetes:
1. Initiating and starting the first "Diabetes Clinic" in Royal Oman Police Hospital to provide complete patient-friendly care for diabetes with community involvement and provide 24x7 telephonic support involving myself and the diabetes team for the unstable diabetes patient.
2. Organised "Symposium on Diabetes" for Directorate General of Royal Oman Police in Muscat on May 21, 2016, where I was also a speaker on "Diabetes and Ramadan."
3. Speaker at Cardiovascular Outcome Trials in Diabetes" for IOACaDEMIa in Maldives 2017.
4. Speaker at Ministry of Health of Oman in Sumail Hospital - Diabetes and Ramadan.
5. Speaker at Royal Oman Police Hospital on "Understanding Diabetes Ketosis."
6. Speaker for Private sector Consultants (Endocrinologist and Physicians) - "Recommendation on the use Sulfonylurearea."
7. Speaker for ADAPT Scientific workshop, in 2018 and 2019.
8. At present working on integrating a proactive use of CGM in OPD practice for uncontrolled patients on Insulin to understand their glycemic profile and utilize it in their management, wherein we provide the patients for one week with CGM monitoring and then design their treatment accordingly.
9. Working on the development of Diabetes Prevention Programs in Oman.