(Avg 5 based on 1 rating)
Dr.Philip is a Senior Specialist Surgeon at the Royal Oman Police Hospital. He was formally an Associate Professor of Surgery at Believers Church Medical College Hospital, Kerala, India. He has wor... Read More
Dr.Philip is a Senior Specialist Surgeon at the Royal Oman Police Hospital. He was formally an Associate Professor of Surgery at Believers Church Medical College Hospital, Kerala, India. He has worked in Government and Private sector in Secondary and Tertiary level Hospitals and has a keen interest in Laparoscopic surgery. He has an overall experience of 18 years and currently practicing in Muscat, Oman.
Academics & Trainings
MS, DNB (GENERAL SURGERY), FMAS
Seth Gs Med College And Kem Hospital
Awards & Publications
Dr.Philip has published:
1. Ruptured splenic abscess presenting as pneumoperitoneum. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2001 Nov-Dec; 20(6):246-7.
2. Rectal Tuberculosis Simulating Malignancy — A Case Report and Review BHJ 2002; 44 (2): 280-81. (Reprinted Bombay Hospital Journal, Special Issue, 2009).
3. Isolated left diaphragmatic injury from an unusual form of trauma. Kerala Medical Journal, 2010. (2) 77, 78 Philip Umman.
4. Systemic inflammatory response syndrome following laparoscopic repair of diaphragmatic injury: A case report. J Min Access Surg 2010;6:16-8. Philip Umman.
5. Mature ovarian teratoma presenting as small bowel obstruction. IJS Sept-Oct 2013, Vol 75, Issue 5, pg 411-413. Shyam Sundar, Philip Umman.
6. Small bowel adenocarcinoma – report of two cases and review of the literature. IJS April 2013, Vol 75, Issue 2, pg 123-127.
7. Vitiligo – a good prognostic factor for malignant melanoma. Kerala Surgical Journal. Joyal Jose, Philip Umman. KSJ Aug 2016. Vol 23 (2):73-75.
8. Philip Umman et al., Rotation Flap Closure of Moderate Size Scalp Defects – Technique and Outcome Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016 Nov, Vol-10(11): PD21-PD23.
9. Kumara KA, Umman P, Varkey R, Johnson D, Gopal G, John A. Diverticular disease of the colon: Changing trends- Report of four cases with review of the literature. International Journal of Case Reports and Images (IJCR).
10. Umman P, Jose J, Ahmed A, Xavier J. Comparative study of the use of prophylactic antibiotic for elective hernia repair with the use of prosthetic material: an observational study in a tertiary care institute. Int Surg J 2017;4:3732-5.
11. Dr.Philip Umman*, Dr.Joyal Jose, and Dr.Nigel Varghese. Quality of life after surgery for breast cancer – a pilot study from a tertiary care hospital in South India. Int. J. Adv. Res. 5(7), 1614-1617.