Q. Could you recommend some sidda or ayurveda medicine to relax the abdomen muscle?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Jan 14, 2017

I was diagnosed with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis about five years ago. Now I am taking a daily injection of Glataxone to manage the problem. I do not have inflammation in the spine. I am having a severe dorsal spine muscle spasm or tightness in my right abdomen for more than six months. The neurologist said that it was due to disrupted signal from the brain due to which the muscles are not relaxing. I tried many muscle relaxants in the last six months but found no results. I also tried many ayurvedic oils, but it gives more pain. I am finding it tough to work. Could you please advise me some siddha or ayurveda medication to relax the abdomen muscle? Previously, I had symptoms of multiple sclerosis including numbness, but this is the first time that I got spasm. I am also enclosing my MRI scan reports.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

• Multiple sclerosis usually shows slow improvement. We can try to stop further disease progression using siddha or ayurveda drugs.
  • You are getting the muscle spasm in the abdomen due to the lower motor neuron issues which mean the brain signals are not reaching the muscle tissue. The issue must be in spinal cord level only.
  • In siddha, we usually give Semecarpus anacardium based drugs. These drugs can prevent further disease progression and can also reverse the neurological damage to a certain extent.
  • I suggest you take capsule Nandhi mezhugu, one capsule in the morning and one in the evening after food and Serankottai nei 2 mL mixed with 30 mL of boiled cow milk and to be consumed morning and evening after food. These two drugs have immunomodulation properties. Hence, they prevent the severity of such autoimmune diseases.
  • You can take these medicines along with your allopathy medicines after consulting with your specialist doctor.
  • You can use horse gram powder 100 g for external use. You can apply the powder on the affected area and do massage with your hands or fingers. You can take the help of others for the massage. This powder can relax the muscle in such lesions.
  • Most of the time, 100% reversal is not possible with the currently available therapies

For further information consult a siddha medicine specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/siddha-medicine-specialist

Can I continue my daily injection along with these medicines? I also have constipation. If I take the prescribed medications how long will it take to come back to normal? Can I take these medications continuously or should I consult you after taking it for a month? Please advise.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

#

• If you have constipation, then you can take Bhavana kadukkai tablet. Keep one tablet in the mouth and swallow the secreted saliva and this should be done three times after food. This can be continued for many months or years as there is no harm from it.
  • Nandhimezhugu and Serankottai nei can be continued for three to six months.
  • After 10 days of therapy, you should stop the drugs for three days (drug-free days). Then again continue for next 10 days. So, in a month (30 days), three times drug-free days (three days gap after every 10 days) should be followed to avoid the adverse effect.
  • While taking these drugs, you need to consume more curd and buttermilk. You will feel the improvement after one month. 
  • You can continue the medicines for six months. You need not stop the allopathy drugs. After three months, based on the improvement, we can think of further course of action.

For further information consult a siddha medicine specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/siddha-medicine-specialist

What could be the best medicine for allergic rhinitis?

Query: Hi, I am currently using Duonase nasal spray and Odimont LC for the allergic rhinitis. I am getting mild fever after taking Duonase. Is it safe to take Duonase? Can I take Paracetamol for fever while using Duonase? Is there any alternative for Duonase without steroids?  Read Full >>

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Duonase (combination of Azelastine hydrochloride and Fluticasone propionate) is a topical corticosteroid and is safe. Yes, you can take Paracetamol for fever. For allergic rhinitis, topical steroids are to be taken. Alternative treatment is to avoid the possible allergen...  Read Full

Why is my left foot numb?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a 39 year old male. My height is 6 feet and I weigh 81 kg. Right side of my left foot is having numbness though it is not 100% numb. The left side of the foot has little pain. I get a feeling that there is some blockage in the blood flow though it might not be the case. I am a reg...  Read Full >>

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned numbness in the inner part of the left foot as your main symptom. Most commonly numbness is a manifestation of a nerve involvement, it can be compression of the nerve at an anatomical site like in back or anywhere along the course of the nerve or it ...  Read Full

Shall I opt flap surgery and bone graft for my loose tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having severe toothache and loose teeth. I used to chew tobacco for the past 10 years. I am getting severe tooth pain often and some blister in the gums. My upper sixth tooth got loose and was removed three years ago. I have been to a local dentist and they advised deep scaling, root...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that the loose teeth have gone beyond repair and should be removed (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The alternative treatment plan, which is cost effective, do deep scaling first to get clean gums and teeth and then use Betadine mouthwash for ...  Read Full

Ask a Siddha Medicine Specialist Now