Q. What are the natural methods to cure diarrhea?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Aug 24, 2016

My husband is 28 years old. He had loose stools and watery diarrhea for a week. He had like 15 to 20 times diarrhea for about five days. He was diagnosed with acute gastroenteritis, hospitalized and had antibiotics and other supplements. He had high potassium and Asthalin nebulizer was given. So, they asked us not to give tender coconut. The medications are over now except for Zincovit. Again today, he is having loose stools and also lower abdomen pain. A siddha doctor suggested to have a mixture of half glass buttermilk, half glass curry leaf extract and a spoonful of powdered fenugreek. He had it once just now. How many times can he have it a day? Are there any other natural methods to cure the same?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

• Sometimes, there are many unknown causes of such symptoms. Siddha doctor has suggested the correct treatment.
  • Buttermilk, curry leaves paste and powdered fenugreek combination should be taken once in six hours that is four times a day for 7 days.
  • Within one day, you will get good results. Still, you need to continue for 7 days.
  • Other siddha drugs you can take are Thayir chundi choornam and Chundai vatral choornam. Take one gram each and mix in a glass of buttermilk and consume orally. This has to be taken three times a day for 7 days.
  • Buffalo buttermilk is good for diarrhea. If not available, then use cow buttermilk.

For further doubts consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

Why do I keep having an upper abdominal pain after I eat?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from an upper abdominal pain. It feels like winding as if I am being kicked repeatedly. I feel this pain mainly after I eat. It all started last week, but it was very mild for two days. But, then it got much worse the next day. Then next day, the pain became so bad that ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from an ailment called as gastroenteritis. It is also commonly referred to as stomach flu. The gastrointestinal tract, which comprises of the small intestine and stomach gets inflamed. Gastroenteritis is indicated by the symptoms such as diarrhea, ac...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now