Q. I am in need of ayurveda treatment for gray hair and hair fall.

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 08, 2015 and last reviewed on: Feb 27, 2019

I am a 26 year old male. My weight is 58 kg and height is 5'6". My problems are gray hair and hair fall. I have an allergy to dust, perfume, and smoke. Sometimes, I have breathing problem and cough in early morning, I am working in shift. I am suffering with constipation too. My blood sugar is normal and my BP is 120/80. My blood group is O positive. There is no sugar or albumin found in my urine. For breathing problem, I am taking Montek-LC. But, there is no complete relief. Please suggest me some treatment.

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist Dietician Nutritionist Yoga
#

The main reason for premature graying of hairs and hair fall is stress due to rotation shift. So, try to fix your shift. Take hair nourishing food like raisin, dates, fig, curry leaves and spinach. Avoid curd and pickle. Try to reduce your salt intake.

Take Triphala Churna 1 teaspoon mixed with little ghee and more honey at bedtime for constipation. Tablet Asthiposhak 2 tablets after food twice a day for hair fall.

Drink milk after boiling with a pinch of turmeric and pepper. It will improve your immunity and will help for hair growth too. But, it is common for everyone that 100 strands will fall every day. Use mild herbal shampoo to wash your hair twice a week.

You can also apply Neelibringadi Thaila in your scalp 1 hour before hair wash or on the previous night.

| 

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full »

Why do I have hair fall after surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, Last year, I noticed hair fall. Then, I had a surgery for appendix and post surgery my hair fall increased severely. I have checked vitamin D, B12 and ferritin levels. Everything is normal. Since, I am a vegetarian my doctor put me on some multivitamin tablets. I am also taking biotin tab...  Read Full »

Can constipation be related to high sugar levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily ...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now