Q. What is the treatment available for graying of hair and hair fall?

Dr. Rabia
Published on Feb 26, 2019

I am facing hair fall from the last 4 to 5 months. Also facing graying of hairs from last three years.

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

Does this problem exist in your family? If yes it is androgenetic alopecia that is common in males and related to male hormones. Premature greying of hair is also genetic and as such there is no treatment for reversing of grey hair. However, you can take Biotin supplements to reduce it. Use Minoxidil spray for this patch of hair (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Androgenetic alopecia?

Use Minoxidil spray BD over the scalp. Take Biotin supplements.

I am a 20 year old who already has few strands of white hair. How can I stop this?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old. I have 20 to 25 strands of white hair. Can I stop this? Which oil is best to prevent white hair? Which shampoo do you suggest? What is the right way to use the oil and shampoo?  Read Full >>

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Try these things to control further graying of hair. Add raisins, figs and curry leaves to your diet. Use Mahabhringraj oil for your hair. Take coconut oil and add lemon juice to it and apply it on your scalp. After one hour, wash with a...  Read Full

I have hair fall problem, and my hair becomes oily and greasy. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female, who weighs 88 kg and I am 6.1 feet tall. I wash my hair daily morning, but they become oily and greasy by evening. I also have hair fall problem.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Greasy and oily hair can be an irritating problem, especially when it starts to affect our lifestyle. It could be a consequence of multiple factors such as the effect of hormones, weather, stressful lifestyle, use of thick oils, etc. Hair fall is the end result of all t...  Read Full

I have hair fall of 10 to 20 strands a day. Is there anything to worry?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 14 years old. My problem is that when I brush my hair, I found my hair on it. My hair fall is 10 to 20 hairs a day. Is there anything to worry?  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hair is one the fastest growing cells in the body. Hair has different growth cycles like anagen (growing phase), telogen (resting phase), and catagen. Losing 50 to 100 hairs per day is considered normal. Old hairs are replaced by new hairs. If you are losing hairs on t...  Read Full