Q. My kid has bad odor in the mouth. What is causing it and what is the way out?

Image: My kid has bad odor in the mouth.  What is causing it and what is the way out?

My 3 year old daughter's mouth has an odor and I always thoroughly brush her teeth every day. What is causing it and what is the way out?

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana
MSC IN CLINICAL NUTRITION., POST GRADUATION IN CLINICAL NUTRITION AND DIETETICS., BSC IN CHEMISTRY BOTANY FOOD
Dietician, Nutritionist

Brush her teeth twice and clean her tongue and make sure she does not eat excess acidic food before going to bed.

Ask her to make a habit of gargling with normal water after each food she takes.

Avoid acidic foods, deep-fried foods as well as those with high sugar content.

For more information consult a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

How to easily overcome bad breath?
Query: Hello doctor, How do I stay free from bad breath?  Read Full »
Dr. Subha
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Causes for halitosis (bad breath) are: Calculus (tartar) deposits on the teeth due to poor oral hygiene. Periodontitis - gum problem. Food impaction inside the decayed teeth. Debris on the tongue. Systemic causes such as gastritis. Temporary cause like intake of...  Read Full »

What is the reason for foul smell in my mouth? What can be done?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing a foul smell in my mouth since a few years. This may be due to an unclean stomach. Please, can you prescribe me some medication to clean the stomach? Also, whatever I eat does not nourish my body. Can I know the reason?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bad breath or halitosis most commonly originates from the oral cavity or nasal passages. Periodontal disease, caries, acute forms of gingivitis, poorly fitting dentures, oral abscess, tongue coating, and sinusitis are common causes. It can also originate from the gut...  Read Full »

How to Avoid Dental Neglects?
Article Overview: In recent years, most people are aware of or at least have heard of root canal treatment, crowns, bridges, dentures, and dental implants. What they do not realize is that these are treatments for a dental disaster. People go in search of a dentist only if there is a shooting pain. They forget the that there are certain preventive measures to save the tooth. This article reveals the tips and tricks for a better oral hygiene and also discusses the most common dental neglects.  Read Article »
Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Dentist

From childhood, we are taught how to take care of our oral cavity, and it is engraved in our minds. Tooth brushing remains the major pillar in maintaining good oral hygiene. But, is that the only way to prevent dental disasters? Do you think we are neglecting something? The answer is yes. A sta ...  Read Article »

How to get rid of bad breath? I floss, brush every morning and night, but still suffer from bad breath.
Query: Dear Doctor, I am 16 years old. I floss, brush every morning and night and use a tongue cleaner too. But still suffer from bad breath the whole day. Please help me.  Read Full »
Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. After following these tips you will feel better and get rid of bad breath by 2 weeks. Start using chlorhexidine mouthwash thrice a day for 4 weeks. Do saline water mouth rinses (take lukewarm water in a small cup and add 1/4th teaspoon salt in it),...  Read Full »

Indiscriminate Use of Mouthwash Alone is not the Solution for Halitosis
Article Overview: Most of the time people never care about the underlying cause of bad breath, they just use mouthwash and think "all is well". This article stresses upon the fact that, mouthwash alone is not a solution for bad breath.  Read Article »
Dr. Naveen Thomas
Dentist

Whenever we experience bad smell or breath emanating from our mouth, the next thing we do is go and buy a mouthwash to get rid of it. This goes on for 1 or 2 months and then we give up to the fate or finally decide for some expert opinion. We need to give bad breath more importance in our daily lif ...  Read Article »

Can scar reopening after surgery cause urinary problem in hypospadias patient?
My problem is erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Kindly help.
Is there any harm to 3 months old baby due to a mobile tower?

Also Read Answers From