Q. My kid has bad odor in the mouth. What is causing it and what is the way out?

Dr.
Published on Jul 14, 2018

My 3 year old daughter's mouth has an odor and I always thoroughly brush her teeth every day. What is causing it and what is the way out?

#

Brush her teeth twice and clean her tongue and make sure she does not eat excess acidic food before going to bed.

Ask her to make a habit of gargling with normal water after each food she takes.

Avoid acidic foods, deep-fried foods as well as those with high sugar content.

For more information consult a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

How to Prevent Bad Breath or Halitosis?

Article Overview: This article discusses the causes and management of bad breath which is also called halitosis. Read Article

Dr. Osman Adam
Dentist

Halitosis or a foul odor that comes from the mouth is not a medical emergency, but at least 25 to 30 percent of the world's population complains about this problem. Types: Halitosis can be described in two classes: Bad breath in the morning, which is a normal physiological change. However, it c...  Read Article

Indiscriminate Use of Mouthwash Alone is not the Solution for Halitosis

Article Overview: Most of the time people never care about the underlying cause of bad breath, they just use mouthwash and think "all is well". This article stresses on the fact that mouthwash alone is not a solution for bad breath. Read Article

Whenever we experience bad smell or breath emanating from our mouth, the next thing we do is go and buy a mouthwash to get rid of it. This goes on for 1 or 2 months, and then we give up to the fate or finally decide for some expert opinion. We need to give bad breath more importance in our daily li...  Read Article

Ask a Dietician Now