Welcome to icliniq.com.
Causes for halitosis (bad breath) are:
- Calculus (tartar) deposits on the teeth due to poor oral hygiene.
- Periodontitis - gum problem.
- Food impaction inside the decayed teeth.
- Debris on the tongue.
- Systemic causes such as gastritis.
- Temporary cause like intake of garlic, onion, etc.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption.
Simple ways to overcome bad breath:
- Brush twice daily with toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Use Chlorhexidine mouthwash diluted in water twice daily.
- Clean the debris off your tongue with a tongue cleaner after brushing.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with water soon after every meal.
- Avoid onion, garlic, etc.
- Quit smoking and alcohol.
These alone do not cure bad breath. Identification of the cause and its elimination is mandatory.
Consult a dentist online to be free from halitosis --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist