Q. I am suffering from nasal congestion even after having drugs. Please suggest treatment.

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

I am a 43-year-old male with height 167 cm and weight 79 kg. I am having nasal congestion for 10 days now and have taken Niacin and Kaasahara syrup for the past four days, but there is no improvement before that I tried Allopathy. Please suggest if the medication what I am taking is fine and should continue, or else suggest alternate medicine.

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

#

The medicines you are taking are mostly for cough, and not for nasal congestion.

I suggest,

1. Haridra khanda one teaspoon mixed with one teaspoon honey, taken a day after food thrice.

2. Anu thailam 2 drops in each nostril, twice a day. When you put this nasal drop, it may come to your throat in which case spit it out. If you swallow it mistakenly, it is fine as it is harmless.

3. Mahalaxmi vilas ras (plain) 1 tablet taken a day after food thrice.

These medicines are available in Ayurvedic stores.

| 

Please let me know which company is suitable for all these medicines. Also when we can apply Anu oil in nostrils before sleep or after a bath or any time of the day. Till when I have to continue these medicines? Also till when I should observe so that it starts giving a response?

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

#

Take Anu tailam morning and evening around 8.00 am 8.00 pm. Company 1 and 2 is Nagarjuna or Kotakkal or AVP and 3. dootpapeswar. Continue until the symptom reduces fully. You will start to note results in two or three days.

|