Q. I am overweight. kindly suggest a diet plan.

Dr. Tharaka Dushyan Thanthriarachchi

I want to lose my weight which is 98.5 kg right now and my height is 5 feet and 8 inches. So kindly advice me a proper diet plan.

#

Problem list:

1. Your body mass index is 33.27 kg/m2; that means obesity type 1.

2. Infertility (vague description: How long? The type? What investigations were carried out so far? Reports of your husband? On what fertility treatment you are currently on?).

3. On medications (for what?).

Management plan:

1. Need to carry out following investigations (at least) fasting blood sugar, serum lipid profile, thyroid function test.

2. The first line diet plan that would specifically work for people with PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome) is cutting down carbohydrates to 25 % or at least 33 % of your diet.

3. As you have multiple issues, a personalized diet plan could only be prescribed after a successful consultation.

If you are a long term sub-fertile couple and have been stuck in a depressive vicious cycle of infertility, you also have to go through brief cognitive behavior therapy.

|