Q. I am overweight. kindly suggest a diet plan.

Dr. Tharaka Dushyan Thanthriarachchi
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Apr 10, 2019

I want to lose my weight which is 98.5 kg right now and my height is 5 feet and 8 inches. So kindly advice me a proper diet plan.

Dr. Tharaka Dushyan Thanthriarachchi

Nutritionist Psychologist/ Counsellor
#

Problem list:

1. Your body mass index is 33.27 kg/m2; that means obesity type 1.

2. Infertility (vague description: How long? The type? What investigations were carried out so far? Reports of your husband? On what fertility treatment you are currently on?).

3. On medications (for what?).

Management plan:

1. Need to carry out following investigations (at least) fasting blood sugar, serum lipid profile, thyroid function test.

2. The first line diet plan that would specifically work for people with PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome) is cutting down carbohydrates to 25 % or at least 33 % of your diet.

3. As you have multiple issues, a personalized diet plan could only be prescribed after a successful consultation.

If you are a long term sub-fertile couple and have been stuck in a depressive vicious cycle of infertility, you also have to go through brief cognitive behavior therapy.

Can I take Clenbuterol for asthma?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old. My height is 176 cm and I weigh 77 kg. I started hitting gym a month back. I am into 1 hour daily workout, which include both aerobic and anaerobic exercises.  As per the BMI report, I was informed to keep my weight under 67-72 kg. Recently my gym trainer informed me...  Read Full »

Can liposuction be done for weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I am planning to go for liposuction to lose weight. My weight is 78 kg and height is 5'3". Kindly suggest.  Read Full »

Is there any rule that fruits cannot be eaten on an empty stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to improve my eating habit. Please suggest based on the following information. We follow staple food in the family. Rice for lunch and dinner and roti, oats, etc., for breakfast. Predominant side dish for lunch or dinner is fish, vegetables and dal. Occasionally, chicken, mutton ...  Read Full »

Ask a Nutritionist Now