Q. What herb can we add for purification of water in clay pot?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Jun 14, 2017

• What herb can we add for purification of water in clay pot?
  • Is there any way in Siddha to change the taste of water? Because water does not taste good due to its hardness.

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com. You can add the following to drinking water for purification:

• Nellikkai has to be dried (Amla dried) and can be added to drinking water.
  • Nellikai wood (Amla wood chips) can also be added to drinking water.
  • Thetran kottai (Strychnos potatorum) dried seed. When you rub this seed on a hard stone with few drops of water, you will get paste. This paste has to be mixed in the water. This will help in settling down majority of the dust particles and reduces hardness of the water.
  • Place a copper plate inside the water. Allow it to sink in and leave it for 24 hours. Then, the plate should be removed, washed with brush, dried in air/sunlight. This can be used for the next time. Similarly it can be used for life long. The plate should not be in water for more than 24 hours continuously. This is not good and taste of the water will be altered. 
  • You can also add vilamichai ver in the water. 
  • You can add a few drops of lemon juice. This water should be consumed within 12 hours. After that, the water has to be discarded. Otherwise, water will become smelly.

Get back to a siddha medicine specialist online for further queries --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/siddha-medicine-specialist

Can hepatitis E cause black stools?

Query: Hello doctor,My mom has hepatitis E since the last 15 days. As advised by the doctor, she is taking Drakshadi Kashaya, three teaspoons mixed with nine teaspoons of water and a quarter teaspoon of Katuki Choorna. Also, she is taking Nirocil tablet thrice a day since three days. Yesterday her stool ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hepatitis E is just like hepatitis A. It spreads through stools and due to poor hygiene. You are taking good medicines. Just wait for few days. Drink boiled water and maintain good hygiene. Take the following medicines too along with your medicines: Vasa Guduchyadi Kas...  Read Full

Is it true that baldness is hereditary?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. My hair is getting thin. As my father is bald,  I fear that I will also get bald. Also, I want to improve my skin texture. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Raman Kaushik

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is well known that baldness or alopecia have a strong genetic connection. Hair fall and losing hair texture is also very common after the age of adolescent due to androgen (androgenic alopecia). Hair fall is also triggered by unhealthy and stressful lifestyle. Conside...  Read Full

Ask a Siddha Medicine Specialist Now