Q. What herb can we add for purification of water in clay pot?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 18, 2021

• What herb can we add for purification of water in clay pot?
  • Is there any way in Siddha to change the taste of water? Because water does not taste good due to its hardness.
#

Welcome to icliniq.com. You can add the following to drinking water for purification:

• Nellikkai has to be dried (Amla dried) and can be added to drinking water.
  • Nellikai wood (Amla wood chips) can also be added to drinking water.
  • Thetran kottai (Strychnos potatorum) dried seed. When you rub this seed on a hard stone with few drops of water, you will get paste. This paste has to be mixed in the water. This will help in settling down majority of the dust particles and reduces hardness of the water.
  • Place a copper plate inside the water. Allow it to sink in and leave it for 24 hours. Then, the plate should be removed, washed with brush, dried in air/sunlight. This can be used for the next time. Similarly it can be used for life long. The plate should not be in water for more than 24 hours continuously. This is not good and taste of the water will be altered. 
  • You can also add vilamichai ver in the water. 
  • You can add a few drops of lemon juice. This water should be consumed within 12 hours. After that, the water has to be discarded. Otherwise, water will become smelly.

Get back to a siddha medicine specialist online for further queries --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/siddha-medicine-specialist

|