Helped 30000 patients
Dr.Anu Khandelwal is a Psychiatrist who pursued his MBBS from the prestigious Institute Grant Medical College and Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals, Mumbai. Later he completed his M.D. Psychiatry from renowned Institute - B.J. Medical College, Pune. Since then, he has worked at various hospitals in Mumbai, and for the past 3 years, he is heading the Psychiatry Department in a 550 bedded hospital at Surat. He is a trained professional both in Psychological Medicine and REBT Counseling and aims at bringing a holistic approach towards treating patients with mental illness. He uses a blend of medications and counseling in his professional practice. His expertise includes - Expertise 1. Child & Adolescent problems (Scholastic Backwardness, Learning Disability, ADHD, ASD, ODD, CD etc.). 2. Parenting problems. 3. Anxiety & Depression. 4. Mood Disorders (Bipolar Illness, Dysthymia etc.). 5. Schizophrenia & other Psychotic illnesses like Delusional Disorder. 6. Alcohol, other substance & behavioral de-addiction. 7. Sexual problems in both males & females (Arousal Problems, Erectile Dysfunction, PME etc.). 8. Geriatric problems (Dementia, Amnesia, Somatisation Disorder). 9. Headache (Migraine, Tension-type headache, Cluster Headache). 10.Sleep Disorders. 11.Catatonia - Functional Neurological Symptom Disorder. 12.Personality Disorders. 13. Marital & Relationship Counseling.
Academics & Trainings
Bj Medical College, Pune
Grant Medical College & Sir Jj Group Of Hospitals
Awards & Publications
Dr.Anuj Khandelwal has published:
1. Rapid Clozapine titration in a case of refractory bipolar disorder (mania) with compound tibia-fibula fracture Journal name: Indian Journal of Mental Health 2015; 2(3) 2015.
2. Tuberous Sclerosis presenting as a case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) : a rare presentation Journal name: Indian Journal of Mental Health 2015; 2(3) 2015.
3. Tiaprex in the Management of Charles Bonnet Syndrome : A Case Report Journal name: Indian Journal Of Applied Research 2015; Volume 5 2015.
4. Genital Self-mutilation in a case of First Episode Psychosis Journal name: Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine / Jul – Aug 2016 / Volume 38 / Issue 4 2016.
5. Sapiosexuality – an unexplored phenomenon – Clinical Case Example Based Viewpoint Journal name: Indian Journal of Mental Health 2016; 3(3) 2016.
6. Unravelling the Dynamic Interplay between Family Functioning and Substance Use among Adolescents – “ An Indian Perspective “ Journal name: International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health; 2017.
7. The Role of Single-Parent Families in Adolescent Substance Addiction : Indian Perspective Journal name: Indian Journal of Mental Health 2017; 4(2) 2017.
8. Functional Neurological Symptom Disorder (FNSD) and Psychiatry – a brief review and case series Journal name: Indian Journal Of Applied Research / Volume 7 / Issue – 10 / Oct 2017 2017.
9. Sudden onset Cough like spasms – a case report Journal name: Indian Journal of Mental Health 2017; 4 (3) 2017.
1. 66th Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society, Pune – 16th to 19th January 2014 – One Free Paper presented. 2014.
2. Annual National Conference Of Military Psychiatry (ANCEMP 2014) – 6th& 7th September 2014 – One Poster. 2014.
3. 41st Annual Conference of Research Society of B.J. Medical College & Sassoon General Hospitals, Pune – 12th February 2015 – One Free Paper presented 2015.
4. 16thAnnual National Conference of Association of Industrial Psychiatry of India (ancaipi 2015), Mumbai – 28th & 29th November 2015 – Three Posters 2015.
--Someone from Singapore, Singapore, 6 months ago
"It was very good. I'm thankful to you"
--Someone from Mumbai, India, 6 months ago