Q. I have a high heart rate with anxiety and depression for about five years. How to get rid of it?

Dr. Sibananda Mishra
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 10, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2020

I have a high heart rate after food, and I get very angry about small issues. I had anxiety and depression for about five years. So I took herbals and vitamin supplements. Previously, I used to take Alprazolam and Mirtazapine.

#

First of all, you need to consult a heart specialist for an elevated heart rate. I think that you have high BP also. Further, it would be best to do some physical exercises and meditation for your health in the morning and evening regularly. Your weight is a little bit more also. The most important thing is to consult a physiotherapist for some exercises and muscular movements suitable for heart patients. As a psychologist, I can tell you that you need to be happy with your family and friends who are close to you. You ventilate your feelings, which you like most. Be confident, keep faith in God, and seek spiritual things. You can take medicines with the advice of a doctor. Do not worry, and be happy. If you feel, you can consult me tomorrow at anytime. I can teach you some relaxation techniques. Try to avoid your negative thoughts coming to your mind daily. During the consultation, we can discuss these things. All the best.

Conflicts, unfulfilled desire, frustration, and tension in the family.

Check all heart-related investigations.

Anxiety with depression.

Consult a doctor and have a health check-up.

Regular exercises and meditation and sharing your feeling with others.
Do all types of works which you like.

Regular health check-up and follow-up of the health condition is required.

Thank you doctor.

I will consult you around 2 PM tomorrow.

#

3.30 PM will be the right time tomorrow. I hope that you will agree.

| 

With anxiety alone, can my heart rate go too high I cannot calm it down?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from anxiety and my anxiety is always centered on my heart. With anxiety/panic alone, can my heart rate go too high that I cannot calm it down?  Read Full »

I have an anxiety problem from the past 10 years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Anxiety is every day of my life. I rarely get small breaks without anxiety. It has been 10 years now. Panic attacks do come. I am taking Xanax 0.5 mg 1 to 3 days. I am a 26 years old male, and my height and weight are 5.9" and 80 kg respectively. Please help.  Read Full »

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now