Q. I am getting clots but no periods after using abortion kit. Is this normal?

Dr. Amit Kyal
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 24, 2019

Today I got clot after using abortion kit, but no periods. Before going to the doctor, I got two days period in that also I got clots. I am unable to understand my situation. Please help.

Dr. Amit Kyal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Following the intake of proper dosage of abortion kit, complete abortion occurs in more than 95 % of cases. Bleeding following consumption of abortion kit is variable, sometimes heavy with passages of clots, tissues sometimes it may be like menstrual bleeding. The bleeding may persist up to two weeks. You must get a USG lower abdomen done to exclude any retained pregnancy of conception.

After abortion, my wife is bleeding from anus. How to manage?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife was admitted to hospital due to incomplete abortion and dengue fever NS1 reactive. She had 6 weeks pregnancy. Doctor has done surgical abortion and it was found dengue fever after blood test. She was admitted for three days. Her initial platelet count was 150000 and later 180000, ...  Read Full »

Can you explain how do I go about taking the abortion pills?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 6 weeks pregnant and I need to terminate the pregnancy. I have gone through an ultrasound to confirm that it is an intrauterine pregnancy. I need to know how I can terminate it through abortion pills and what other precautions I need to take. Also, are there any other antibiotics ...  Read Full »