Q. Can I take Vitamin A and D3 to treat acne?

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 19, 2020

I would like to ask for an consultation for my supplementary intake. I am starting today to intake Vitamin A (Retinyl palmitate 3000 mcg, 10000 IU) and Vitamin D3 (25 mcg, 1000 IU) once daily. I am taking it because of its skin benefits since I am struggling with acne, but generally the effect that it will give to my overall health. Is this safe to do?

#

Thank you for asking question, as you have mentioned you are taking Vitamin A and D3, it is good for skin and you can continue taking it, but see at the age of 19 years which is teenage, so in young age, there will be many endocrinal hormonal changes will happen so first you must accept this and we can go ahead with other ways which I am prescribing.

1. Take a lot of water in a day very frequently as water will clean and give nutrition to skin.

2. Avoid any oily foods, as acne is infection to oily gland around the face so when you avoid taking oily food so it will heal faster.

3. Avoid very spicy food for at least 15 days.

Otherwise medicines what you are taking that is good. Do some yoga pranayam everyday. Learn the powerful breathing technique Sudarshan kriya.

|