Q. What is the reason for repeated mouth ulcer in a child?

Dr. Amit Modi
Published on Sep 19, 2018

My son is 4 years 9 months old. He is a healthy kid with normal weight (17 to 18 kg). But, he often gets a mouth ulcer. It is quite often like once in two months mainly in his buccal mucosa and inner corner of the lip which touches the primary canine. This hurts him and so he avoids food. I used to apply Dentogel on his ulcers. My question is, what is the reason for this repeated mouth ulcer? Is he deficient of any vitamin? Initially, I thought it could be a traumatic ulcer. But, it gets repeated once in two months. Sometimes, he gets three or four ulcers together. I am really worried. Please suggest what to do to avoid these ulcers.

Dr. Amit Modi

Child Health Paediatrics
#

Mouth ulcers in children of this age group are mainly due to vitamin and mineral deficiency. Sometimes worm infestation is also implicated in mouth ulcers. We will need to supplement the child with proper vitamin and minerals. Also, deworming should be done.

CBC (complete blood count).

1.Syrup A to Z (multivitamin) 5 ml once daily for one month.
2.Tablet Limcee (chewable) (Vitamin C) one tablet daily for 15 days.
3.Syrup Bandy plus (Albendazole, Ivermectin) 10 ml single stat dose.

Give home based nutritious diet. Avoid refined marketed products like the biscuit, chips, chocolates, cakes, etc.

Which vitamin to take for premature ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor,I did a test. I got my results that my erection transmitter is 2.99, testosterone is 4.459. vitamins E, K, and C are also slightly low. Could this be the reason I have premature ejaculation? At times, I also have a weak erection after one ejaculation. What should I take to treat these? Tha...  Read Full »

Does vitamin deficiency cause twitching and tingling?

Query: Hi doctor, Before a week, I began having twitches and tingling in both legs from the knee down. For some time now, probably 6 months or more, I also began feeling that my legs were heavy and just general weakness all over, not really muscle weakness. I am also a gastric bypass patient and have a his...  Read Full »

My son is 4.5 years old. He is complaining of a weird tickling feeling. Please help.

Query: Dear Doctor, My son is 4.5 years old. Since the last 2 months, he is complaining about a weird tickling feeling in stomach, penis and anus. Please help.  Read Full »