Addison's Disease

How to treat linea nigra?

Query: Hello doctor, My period was late by five days this month. I was really worried, but it came later. I noticed a squeezing feeling in my abdomen sometimes during my period. My flow was normal, not too heavy, with moderate pain in my lower back and waist. But I noticed something and worried it might b...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from anxiety about a pregnancy-related line called the linea alba. According to the picture provided here (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the picture quality is not ...  Read Full »

What causes low BP and severe stress intolerance?

Query: Hi doctor, I have severe intolerance to stress, low blood pressure, dehydration, hyperpigmentation and a lot of other troublesome symptoms. When I eat my face flushes and my heart rate goes up and my body sweats. I have carbohydrate intolerance as well. My skin is brown in color with a lot of freckl...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keeping in light all the symptoms you have mentioned, you are most likely suffering from adrenal insufficiency. There are two types and the hyperpigmentation usually occurs in primary type also known as Addison's disease. I am taking the AM cortisol as low. I ...  Read Full »

Is Addison's disease hereditary?

Query: Hello doctor,Is Addison’s disease hereditary? My mother died from complications relating to Addison’s disease and over the last year or so I have been developing symptoms that could be consistent with it (hyperpigmentation, abdominal pain, dizziness).  Read Full »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclinq.com. Addison's disease (primary adrenal insufficiency) can be due to many causes. It is like when your adrenal glands are not producing the hormones they usually produce. While in the past, infections (particularly tuberculosis) were the most common cause for the destruction...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for nightfall?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a married 33 year old male. I have been suffering from weakness during sex. In the last months, I had nightfall for about two times. I want to know the reason and remedy as well.  Read Full »

Dr. Erfana Malik

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for sharing your concern. There are a number of causes for your sexual and general weakness. First of all, you need to get your blood sugar levels checked because diabetes mellitus is one of the most important causes of weakness and impotence. Besides this, ...  Read Full »

Should hypothyroidism medicine be given for TSH level 8.12?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother aged 75 years has TSH 8.12. She has adrenalism and takes Hisone 12 mg daily. Should she be administered medicine for hypothyroidism?  Read Full »

Dr. Mit Dharsandiya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are higher chances of hypothyroidism in a patient who has hypoadrenalism (Addison's disease). These both conditions can be the manifestation of the same underlying process (autoimmune). If your mother is symptomatic (weakness, dry skin, hair loss, constipation,...  Read Full »

Can someone have Cushing's and Addison's disease?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having vertigo, water retention, muscle weakness, muscle pain all over, tired, weight gain (obesity), severe mood swings, depression and swelling face, feet, stomach, etc. Can someone have Cushing and Addison disease? Can they have both? My cortisol levels fluctuate. Can be very lo...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it is seldom that Cushing’s disease and Addison’s disease occur together. The results that you have provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity) could be attributed to the stress levels ...  Read Full »

I had an ACTH stimulation test today. Should I get any physical reaction when the ACTH is in?

Query: Dear Doctor, I had an ACTH stimulation test today. Should one get any physical reaction when the ACTH is in? If one have a physical reaction is that good or bad? Or do the people who do not get any reaction are the ones who get the bad results?  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for posting your query. There are certain side effects of ACTH stimulation tests (adrenocorticotropic hormone) like palpitations, sweating, anxiety and nausea. But these reactions may or may not happen in every person. If it does not happen, then it does not mea...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for extreme lethargy in an Addison's disease patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I have Addison's disease and I am taking Hydrocortisone twice daily and Fludrocortisone one daily. I am taking vitamin D supplement. The last endocrinologist appointment showed higher levels of antibodies in the thyroid; however, the thyroid levels remain good and the scan reveals a...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that although you have antithyroid antibodies, the thyroid function is normal so there is nothing related to the thyroid that could be responsible for your symptoms. However, it could be attributed to...  Read Full »